Pursuing Moral Faithfulness: Ethics and Christian Discipleship
:Christianity is in a state of moral crisis.Even though people make moral decisions every day, many Christians lack both the ability to evaluate these decisions and a community of discipleship to help inspire a morally faithful life. Compared to the...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:Christianity is in a state of moral crisis.Even though people make moral decisions every day, many Christians lack both the ability to evaluate these decisions and a community of discipleship to help inspire a morally faithful life. Compared to the people around them, there is often no discernible difference in how Christians go about making moral choices.As a biblical and practical theologian with three decades of pastoral experience, who has also spent years teaching ethics to undergraduates, Gary Tyra approaches the topic with the practical goal of facilitating moral formation and encouraging an "everyday" moral faithfulness. Tyra argues that Christians can have confidence in their Christ-centered, Spirit-enabled ability to discern and do the will of God in any moral situation. Moral faithfulness follows from a life of Christian discipleship.In an age of moral apathy and theological confusion, Pursuing Moral Faithfulness is a breath of fresh air and a sign of hope for the future.
Gary J. Tyra (D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary) is Associate Professor of Biblical and Practical Theology at Vanguard University, Costa Mesa, CA. His areas of Specialization: Theology, Spiritual and Ministry Formation, and his first book which deals with the problem of Pharisaism in evangelical churches it is entitled Defeating Pharisaism: Recovering Jesus Disciple Making Method and Beyond the Bliss: Discovering Your Uniqueness in Marriage with his wife, Patti .
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- <strong>part I: Getting Started: Assessing Our Current Moral Faithfulness Quotient</strong>
- 1. Morality Matters: A User-friendly Introduction To Christian Ethics2. Some Popular Ethical Options (1): Results-oriented Approaches3. Some Popular Ethical Options (2): Rules-oriented Approaches4. The Religio-cultural Soup We’re All In: Assessing Its Impact On Our Moral Iq
- <strong>part Ii: Toward A Moral Faithfulness: Integrating Balance And Responsibility Into Our Ethical Lives</strong>
- 5. More On A Moral Realism (1): The Moral Guidelines The Scriptures Provide6. More On A Moral Realism (2): The Moral Guidance The Scriptures Promise7. So, What Would Jesus Do?8. Responsible And Responsive Decision Making: A Closer Look At ‘drawing In The Dirt’9. The Ethic Of Responsible Christian Discipleship: Reasons For Its Embrace10. Actually Becoming An Ethically Responsible Christian Disciple: The Process Involved
- Author Indexsubject Indexscripture Index