Reasoning From the Scriptures With Catholics
Anyone interested in sharing the gospel with Catholic friends or understanding where members of that denomination stand on important points of theology will appreciate this thorough yet easy-to-use reference. Using the simple, step-by-step format applauded by readers in Rhodes'...
You May Also Like
Anyone interested in sharing the gospel with Catholic friends or understanding where members of that denomination stand on important points of theology will appreciate this thorough yet easy-to-use reference. Using the simple, step-by-step format applauded by readers in Rhodes' previous books, Reasoning from the Scriptures with Catholics covers many theological issues that divide Protestants and Catholics, including¼
purgatory and indulgences the reverence of Mary, mother of Jesus papal infallibility Catholic traditions and much more
Each chapter examines a single Catholic belief or practice as taught in the Catholic Catechism and other major Catholic sources, provides biblical responses, and offers questions to help Catholics examine their church's readings. Pastors, teachers, and lay leaders will find this insightful guide a must-have tool for sharing the good news of salvation by faith alone with Catholic friends and family members.
Ron Rhodes (Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary) president of Reasoning from the Scriptures Ministries, is heard regularly on nationwide radio and is the author of numerous books and apologetic tracts including Christianity According to the Bible and The 10 Things You Need to Know About Islam. Most recently he has produced Complete Guide To Bible Translations.
Koorong - Editorial Review.
- <div> <p>anyone Interested In Sharing The Gospel With Catholic Friends Or Understanding Where Members Of That Denomination Stand On Important Points Of Theology Will Appreciate This Thorough Yet Easy-to-use Reference. Using The Simple, Step-by-step Format Applauded By Readers In Rhodes' Previous Books, <i>reasoning From The Scriptures With Catholics</i> Covers Many Theological Issues That Divide Protestants And Catholics, Including¼</p> <ul> <li>purgatory And Indulgences</li> <li>the Reverence Of Mary, Mother Of Jesus</li> <li>papal Infallibility</li> <li>catholic Traditions</li> <li>and Much More</li> </ul> <p>each Chapter Examines A Single Catholic Belief Or Practice As Taught In The Catholic Catechism And Other Major Catholic Sources, Provides Biblical Responses, And Offers Questions To Help Catholics Examine Their Church's Readings. Pastors, Teachers, And Lay Leaders Will Find This Insightful Guide A Must-have Tool For Sharing The Good News Of Salvation By Faith Alone With Catholic Friends And Family Members.</p> </div>
- 2. The Apocrypha - Does It Belong In The Bible?
- 3. Sola Scriptura Versus Tradition Part 1
- 4. Sola Scriptura Versus Tradition Part 2
- 5. Papal Infallibility And The Teaching Part 1
- 6. Papal Infallibility And The Teaching Part 2
- 7. Forensic Justification Versus Part 1
- 8. Forensic Justification Versus Part 2
- 9. Forensic Justification Versus Part 3
- 10. Sacramentalism Part 1
- 11. Sacramentalism Part 2
- 12. Sin And The Sacrament Of Penance
- 13. Purgatory And Indulgences
- 14. The Exaltation Of Mary Part 1
- 15. The Exaltation Of Mary Part 2
- 16. The Exaltation Of Mary Part 3
- 17. The Exaltation Of Mary Part 4
- 18. The Dos And Don'ts Of Dialoguing With Catholics