Missio Alliance Essential Reading List of 2015 2015 Readers' Choice Award Winner One of Seedbed's 10 Notable Books from 2015Nothing has exposed the gap between the church and the broader society quite like the cultural argument over sexuality. Relationships, identities,...
You May Also Like
Missio Alliance Essential Reading List of 2015
2015 Readers' Choice Award Winner
One of Seedbed's 10 Notable Books from 2015Nothing has exposed the gap between the church and the broader society quite like the cultural argument over sexuality. Relationships, identities, orientations and even seemingly straightforward concepts such as gender have cut battle lines between the church and the world. In the fog of war and the cloud of conflict, it's increasingly hard to see our way clearly.There is hope, however. Debra Hirsch has seen it firsthand?in meaningful lifelong relationships with LGBT friends and neighbors, in Christian fellowships and in movements that have held a concern for people created in God's image and a high view of the Bible's teaching on sexuality in constructive tension. When you consider the world from the perspective of God's kingdom mission, it turns out the smoke clears and a redemptive imagination takes root.Discover a holistic, biblical vision of sex and gender that honors God and offers good news to the world.
Deb Hirsch is a speaker, church leader and writer who has led churches in both Australia and Los Angeles. She is one of the founders of Forge Mission Training Network and is a member of the Forge America national team. She also serves as a board member for Missio Alliance and was part of the leadership team of Christian Associates, a church planting movement in Europe, North & South America. She is the co-author (with Alan Hirsch) of Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship, and her new book Redeeming Sex reflects her own journey and attempts to bring new conversations about sexuality into the context of the church. Deb has been involved in social work, community development and as a trained counselor has worked in the field of sexuality for over twenty-five years. She and her husband live in community with others in Los Angeles.
- Missio Alliance Essential Reading List Of 2015<br> 2015 Readers' Choice Award Winner<br> One Of Seedbed's 10 Notable Books From 2015nothing Has Exposed The Gap Between The Church And The Broader Society Quite Like The Cultural Argument Over Sexuality. Relationships, Identities, Orientations And Even Seemingly Straightforward Concepts Such As Gender Have Cut Battle Lines Between The Church And The World. In The Fog Of War And The Cloud Of Conflict, It's Increasingly Hard To See Our Way Clearly.there Is Hope, However. Debra Hirsch Has Seen It Firsthand?in Meaningful Lifelong Relationships With Lgbt Friends And Neighbors, In Christian Fellowships And In Movements That Have Held A Concern For People Created In God's Image And A High View Of The Bible's Teaching On Sexuality In Constructive Tension. When You Consider The World From The Perspective Of God's Kingdom Mission, It Turns Out The Smoke Clears And A Redemptive Imagination Takes Root.discover A Holistic, Biblical Vision Of Sex And Gender That Honors God And Offers Good News To The World.
- <strong>section One: Where Have All The Sexy Christians Gone?</strong>
- 2. Modesty Gone Mad3. Jesus...sex Symbol?
- <strong>section Two: Bits, Bobs And Tricky Business</strong>
- 4. The 8 Fundamentals Of Sex5. Gender Matters6. Uncomfortable Sex Positions7. Bi Now, Gay Later? 8. Limping Straight To Heaven
- <strong>section Three: The Mission Of Christian Sexuality</strong>
- 9. The Bent Scapegoat 10. Imago Gay11. Re-sexing The Church
- Conclusion: The Dreaded End