Join the musical renaissance within the church and recall your roots with these 'reinvented' early spiritual songs and ancient hymns. Includes 'I'll Fly Away' (with Sarah Kelly) 'Jesus I Lift My Eyes', 'I Need Thee Every Hour', 'Nothing But the...
UnavailableOut of Print
You may also like
Join the musical renaissance within the church and recall your roots with these 'reinvented' early spiritual songs and ancient hymns. Includes 'I'll Fly Away' (with Sarah Kelly) 'Jesus I Lift My Eyes', 'I Need Thee Every Hour', 'Nothing But the Blood' (with the Blind Boys of Alabama) 'What wondrous love is This' (with Mary Fahl) and more.
:For this 2005 release, Jars of Clay took inspiration from old traditional hymns and biblical texts, creating a moving album of modernized worship and gospel songs in a bluesy country contemporary setting. Redemption Songs features guest appearances from Sarah Kelly and the Blind Boys of Alabama, and includes songs 'I'll Fly Away', 'Nothing But the Blood', 'I Need Thee Every Hour', and more.
1. God Be Merciful To Me (psalm 51)
- 1. God Be Merciful To Me (psalm 51)Jars Of Clay0:59
- 2. I Need Thee Every HourJars Of Clay0:59
- 3. God Will Lift Up Your HeadJars Of Clay0:59
- 4. I`ll Fly AwayJars Of Clay0:59
- 5. Nothing But The BloodJars Of Clay0:59
- 6. Let Us Love And Sing And WonderJars Of Clay0:59
- 7. O Come And Mourn With Me AwhileJars Of Clay0:59
- 8. Hiding PlaceJars Of Clay0:59
- 9. Jesus, I Lift My EyesJars Of Clay0:59
- 10. It Is Well With My SoulJars Of Clay0:59
- 11. On Jordan`s Stormy Banks I StandJars Of Clay0:59
- 12. Thou Lovely Source Of True DelightJars Of Clay0:59
- 13. They`ll Know We Are Christians By Our LoveJars Of Clay0:59
Jars of Clay is a Grammy Award winning Christian rock band from Franklin, Tennessee. They met at Greenville College in Greenville, Illinois.
Jars of Clay consists of Dan Haseltine on vocals, Charlie Lowell on piano and keyboards, Stephen Mason on lead guitars and Matthew Odmark on rhythm guitars. Although the band has no permanent drummer or bassist, Jeremy Lutito and Gabe Ruschival of Disappointed By Candy fill these roles for live concerts. Past tour band members include Aaron Sands, Scott Savage, and Joe Porter. Jars of Clay's style is a blend of alternative rock, folk, acoustic, and R and B.
The band's name is derived from the New International Version's translation of 2 Corinthians 4:7: But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. This verse is paraphrased in their song "Four Seven," which appears on Frail and as a hidden track on the CD release of their self-titled album.