Finalist, Fourth Annual Outreach Resource of the Year (2006) Sometimes talking about Jesus with your friends can feel like trying to close a deal on a sales call, pushing something on people they may not really want. But...
You May Also Like
Finalist, Fourth Annual Outreach Resource of the Year (2006)
Sometimes talking about Jesus with your friends can feel like trying to close a deal on a sales call, pushing something on people they may not really want. But what if you thought of it more like inviting them on a spiritual journey? Imagine being free to be yourself and free for the Spirit to work in you. Imagine that it doesn't depend on you alone but that you can be an important part of a witnessing community. Imagine telling people stories instead of trying to download content. Here is your invitation to reimagine what evangelism could be for you.
Rick Richardson (Ph.D., Intercultural Studies Trinity International University) is Associate Professor at Wheaton College and Director of M.A. in Evangelism and Leadership. Rick is also an Associate Evangelist with InterVarsity Christian Fellowship, he has been in campus ministry for 20 years, regularly speaking and ministering as an evangelist on campuses in many different parts of the United States.
Rick seeks to bring together his passions for evangelism, prayer and racial reconciliation in order to cast vision and equip an emerging postmodern generation in ministry for the sake of the gospel of Jesus Christ. This is evidenced in his award winning publications all produced by Intervarsity Press Reimagining Evangelism: Inviting Friends on a Spiritual Journey, Experiencing Healing Prayer: How God Turns our Hurts into Wholeness, The Heart of Racial Justice: How Soul Change Leads to Social Change, co-authored with Brenda Salter McNeil, Groups Investigating God Bible Study Series: Sex, Spirituality, Finding God and Following After God, Circles of Belonging, and Evangelism Outside the Box: New Ways to Help People Experience the Good News (nearly 30,000 copies sold, being used in 10+ seminaries and colleges as an Evangelism textbook).
- <ul> <li>finalist, Fourth Annual Outreach Resource Of The Year (2006)</li> </ul> Sometimes Talking About Jesus With Your Friends Can Feel Like Trying To Close A Deal On A Sales Call, Pushing Something On People They May Not Really Want. But What If You Thought Of It More Like Inviting Them On A Spiritual Journey? Imagine Being Free To Be Yourself And Free For The Spirit To Work In You. Imagine That It Doesn't Depend On You Alone But That You Can Be An Important Part Of A Witnessing Community. Imagine Telling People Stories Instead Of Trying To Download Content. Here Is Your Invitation To Reimagine What Evangelism Could Be For You.
- Foreword By Luis Palau
- 1. Re-imagining Evangelism: Salespeople Or Travel Guides?
- 2. Rediscovering The Holy Spirit: Collaboration Versus Activism
- 3. The Witness Of The Community
- 4. The Art Of Spiritual Friendship
- 5. The Power Of Story
- 6. Jesus Outside The Box
- 7. Great News!
- 8. Invitation To A Wedding: Journey Versus Event
- Appendix 1:building Trust In A Multiethnic World
- Appendix 2: The Great News: The "what's At The Center?" Gospel Illustration
- Appendix 3: Models Of Conversion
- Appendix 4: Spiritual Gifts And Witness
- About The Author