The Avoider. The Deflector. The Self-Blamer. The Aggressor. Recognize someone you know? Or yourself?We all know people who seem to get stuck in unhealthy patterns of relating to others. Sometimes we're puzzled by a loved one's evasiveness or surprised by...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 5 to 6 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
The Avoider. The Deflector. The Self-Blamer. The Aggressor. Recognize someone you know? Or yourself?We all know people who seem to get stuck in unhealthy patterns of relating to others. Sometimes we're puzzled by a loved one's evasiveness or surprised by a friend's defensive aggression. Occasionally we look in the mirror and see such troubling behaviors in ourselves. All of these are masks that we hide behind, and they prevent us from having authentic relationships with others. Counselor Russell Willingham identifies the relational masks that obstruct us from relating freely to other people and to God. Drawing on a wealth of practical experience and biblical insight, he diagnoses the destructive ways that we respond to others and shows how underlying false beliefs govern our thinking and actions. He also shows how each mask can be subverted from within and turned inside out to help us move toward healthy relationships. Each chapter includes tools and questions for discussion and application.Discover how to relate to others with the honesty and authenticity God intended--and find the relational freedom and satisfaction you've been yearning for.
Willingham is the executive director of New Creation Ministries in Fresno, California, specializing in ministry to the sexually and realtionally broken.
- 1. The Stronghold Of Relational Masks
- 2. The Foundation Of Relational Masks: Core Beliefs
- 3. The Avoider: Smoldering Rebel
- 4. The Deflector: Cardiophobic
- 5. The Self-blamer: Worshiper Of The Darkness
- 6. The Savior: Idolatry Of Serving
- 7. The Aggressor: Hostility As A Shield
- 8. The Spiritualizer: God As A Mask
- 9. The Secret Life With God
- 10. The Secret Life With Others
- Epilogue: This I Know
- Appendix A: The Seven Core Beliefs At A Glance
- Appendix B: The Six Relational Masks At A Glance
- Appendix C: Discussion Questions