Revelation For You: Seeing History From Heaven's Perspective (God's Word For You Series)
Many Christians are confused by the book of Revelation. It moves from strange and disturbing images to warm and practical encouragement; from the fires of Hell to wonderful pictures of a glorious eternity. And yet the message of the...
In Stock50+ available
You May Also Like
Many Christians are confused by the book of Revelation. It moves from strange and disturbing images to warm and practical encouragement; from the fires of Hell to wonderful pictures of a glorious eternity.
And yet the message of the final book of the Bible is both clear and simple. Despite everything that is going wrong with our world, God remains in control. And when we see history, our present, and our future from heaven's perspective, it will encourage us to trust God and remain faithful to the end.
This accessible, absorbing expository guide opens up this book for new and mature Christians alike. It is more applied than a typical commentary, making it a great resource for personal devotion, as well as useful for leading small group studies or sermon preparation.
Introduction: Reading Revelation Today
1. The faithful witness (Chapter 1)
2. The call to conquer (2 - 3)
3. What do you see? (4 - 5)
4. The chaos of history (6 - 9)
5. Victory through suffering (10 - 11)
6. Who do you worship? (12 - 14)
7. The justice of the Lamb (15 - 16)
8. The economics of the Lamb (17:1 - 19:10)
9. The reign of the Lamb (19:11 - 21:8)
10. Where do you belong? (21:9 - 22:21)
Dr Tim Chester is the pastor of Grace Church in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, UK, and is a faculty member at The Acts 29 Oak Hill Academy. He is part of the Crowded House, a church planting initiative in Sheffield, UK, and is founder and co-director of the Porterbrook Seminary, a college-level theological training and ministry institute. He was previously Research and Policy Director for Tearfund and tutor in missiology at Cliff College.
Tim is the author of over thirty books of theology and history, ranging from the popular to the specialised, including Mission and the Coming of God: Eschatology, the Trinity and Mission in the Theology of Jurgen Moltmann (Paternoster); The Message of Prayer (Inter-Varsity Press); From Creation to New Creation (Paternoster); Good News to the Poor (Inter-Varsity Press); Delighting in the Trinity (Monarch); The Busy Christians Guide to Busyness (Inter-Varsity Press); and You can change: God's transforming power for our sinful behaviour and negative emotions (Inter-Varsity Press).
Tim is co-author of The Gospel-Centered Church (The Good Book Co), The World We All Want (Authentic) and Total Church (Inter-Varsity Press) and series editor of The Good Book Guides.
Tim is married to Helen, and they have two daughters.
- Introduction: Reading Revelation Today
- 1. The Faithful Witness (chapter 1)
- 2. The Call To Conquer (2 - 3)
- 3. What Do You See? (4 - 5)
- 4. The Chaos Of History (6 - 9)
- 5. Victory Through Suffering (10 - 11)
- 6. Who Do You Worship? (12 - 14)
- 7. The Justice Of The Lamb (15 - 16)
- 8. The Economics Of The Lamb (17:1 - 19:10)
- 9. The Reign Of The Lamb (19:11 - 21:8)
- 10. Where Do You Belong? (21:9 - 22:21)