Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
From almost-marrieds to newlyweds to long-time couples, here's how to build a great marriage. . .and how to mend the cracks. Rock-Solid Marriage helps you build strong foundations for a marriage that lasts. Whether you're considering marriage, are facing marital difficulties, or simply wish to improve your marriage, Dr. Robert and Rosemary Barnes show how you can forge a rich relationship that will stand up to life's tests. Drawing on years of counseling experience and on their own marriage, the Barneses uncover principles essential for a healthy relationship. With a wealth of real-life illustrations, they help you cross marriage's toughest hurdles to achieve the kind of closeness you've dreamed of. -Understand each other's expectations for married life -Gain 'his and hers' perspectives about sexuality and intimacy -Learn the secrets of 'bilingual,' man-woman communication -Discover five steps to affair-proofing your marriage -Turn conflict into an opportunity for deeper understanding. Warmly written, encouraging, and practical, Rock-Solid Marriage helps you and your partner maximize your strengths and iron out the problems to make your marriage as strong and productive as it can be.
Bob Barnes and his wife, Emilie, are the founders of More Hours in My Day time-management seminars and coauthors of Abundance of the Heart and 15-Minute Devotions for Couples. Bob is also the author of the popular Minute Meditations for Men and What Makes a Man Feel Loved.
Dr. Robert and Rosemary Barnes are conference speakers and coauthors of Rock-Solid Marriage, Preparing your child for Dating, Ready for Responsibility, Great Sexpectations and We Need to Talk. Dr. Robert Barnes is executive director of Sheridan House Family Ministries, the author of several books, host of the weekly "Family Time Radio" program, and writer of a newspaper column on family issues. Rosemary Barnes is a frequent national conference speaker with Robert on marriage and family issues.
- Part I: Entering Marriage With Great Expectations
- 1 A Strong Foundation
- 2 Entering Marriage With The Wrong Expectations
- 3 Bilingual Marriage
- Part 2: Choose To Be Married
- 4 Opposites Attract
- 5 Choosing To Be Friends
- 6 Attributes Of A Friend
- 7 What About Fun? Remember Fun?
- 8 That's How Mom And Dad Did It
- 9 The New In-law Factor
- Part 3: The Communication Process
- 10 Now How Could That Hurt Her Feelings?
- 11 Procedure Setting
- 12 The Listening Ear
- 13 But He Refuses To Talk To Me
- Part 4: The Exercise Of Conflicts
- 14 Conflict Aversion
- 15 The Conflict Of Finances
- 16 Lovemaking From A Woman's Perspective
- 17 Sex From A Man's Perspective
- 18 Sexual Issues Spouses Sometimes Argue About
- Part 5: Get Aggressive
- 19 Goal Setting
- 20 Your Spouse's Self-esteem
- 21 Practice Safe Marriage: Use Protection
- 22 Third-party Intervention
- Part 6: It's A Matter Of Doing Love
- 23 Love Vs. Feelings
- 24 Deciding To Forgive
- 25 What Is Love?