Romans: Encountering the Gospel's Power (John Stott Bible Studies Series)
:Study Scripture with John Stott The gospel has power: the power to save us, the power to change the world. In Paul's letter to the Romans he explains the power we've been given to be effective witnesses, overcome sin,...
Available Now.10+ Available
You may also like
:Study Scripture with John Stott The gospel has power: the power to save us, the power to change the world. In Paul's letter to the Romans he explains the power we've been given to be effective witnesses, overcome sin, be wholly committed to God, handle differences in Christ's body, and be responsible Christian citizens. The truth in Romans will transform your thinking and convict your heart as you discover the power of the gospel for every area of your life and our world. John Stott was one of the world's leading and most-loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this Bible study guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
The late Rev Dr. John Stott is known worldwide as a Bible teacher, writer, pastor and mission-leader. During a ministry that extended to seven decades, he authored many books including the best-selling Basic Christianity, Why I Am a Christian and The Cross of Christ ; he was also the editor, (and author of several volumes) of the Bible Speaks Today. In more recent years he was Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church, Langham Place, London; President of the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity; and Founder-President of the Langham Partnership International. He was awarded the CBE in the Queens 2006 New Year Honours. Stott was honored by Time magazine in 2005 as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World."
Koorong - Editorial Review.
Nystrom is a freelance writer based in the western Chicago suburbs. She has written more than 75 books and Bible study guides and served as general editor for the Christian Classics Series. She lives in Saint Charles, Illinois.
- :introducing Romans
- 1. Gospel Power - Romans 1:1-17
- 2. A Downward Spiral - Romans 1:18-32
- 3. God's Fairness - Romans 2:1-16
- 4. Misplaced Confidence - Romans 2:17–3:8
- 5. Unholy Togetherness - Romans 3:9-20
- 6. Forgive Us Our Debts - Romans 3:21–4:25
- 7. Peace With God - Romans 5:1–6:23
- 8. Battling Sin - Romans 7:1-25
- 9. Rescued By God's Spirit - Romans 8:1-17
- 10. Present Pain, Future Glory - Romans 8:18-39
- 11. Understanding God's Purposes - Romans 9
- 12. God's Grief - Romans 10
- 13. A Deep-rooted Tree - Romans 11
- 14. Getting Practical - Romans 12:1-8
- 15. Showing Love - Romans 12:9-21
- 16. Conscientious Citizenship - Romans 13
- 17. Living By Someone Else's Rules - Romans 14
- 18. Unity, Liberty, And Charity - Romans 15:1-13
- 19. Sharing The Mission - Romans 15:14-33
- 20. Keeping Friends - Romans 16
- Guidelines For Leaders