Sabbath (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
What is the sabbath? A weekly day of rest and worship. A day to rejoice in abundance. A day to practice thankfulness. A day to slow down, take a deep breath, step aside from work and worries, and let the...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
What is the sabbath? A weekly day of rest and worship. A day to rejoice in abundance. A day to practice thankfulness. A day to slow down, take a deep breath, step aside from work and worries, and let the world go on without us, knowing that God is caring for everyone and everything. The studies in this guide will help you to learn more about what sabbath is and how to practice it. More people of all ages are finding the sabbath to be a gift from God that brings a renewed awareness of who God is and who we are as God's beloved children. Come and discover God's gift of rest.
Lynne M. Baab is the author of multiple books and Bible studies. A Presbyterian minister, she recently completed a Ph.D. in communication at the University of Washington. She lives with her husband in Dunedin, New Zealand, where she is a lecturer in pastoral theology at the University of Otago.
She is the author of A Renewed Spirituality; Sabbath Keeping; Fasting; Sabbath (LifeGuide Bible Study); Personality Type in Congregations; Embracing Midlife and Beating Burnout in Congregations
Her forthcoming book, Friending: Real Relationships in a Virtual World will release in 2011. She is also the author of three LifeGuide Bible Studies.
- 1 - An Invitation To Relax In Abundance - Genesis 1:1 - 2:3
- 2 - An Invitation To Stop Working - Exodus 16:1-30
- 3 - Finding Refreshment In The Beauty Of Creation - Exodus
- 4 - Discovering Delight In The Sabbath - Isaiah 58:13-14
- 5 - A Gift For Us - Mark 2:23-28
- 6 - We Are Valuable And Precious - Matthew 12:9-14
- 7 - Freed From Bondage - Luke 13:10-17
- 8 - The Gift Of Grace - Ephesians 2:1-10
- Leader's Notes