Life is often chaotic. And no matter how hard you try to find space, to slow down, the chaos always seems to win. Tricia Rhodes's life is chaotic too. And it became even more so during an eight-month period when...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 4 to 5 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
Life is often chaotic. And no matter how hard you try to find space, to slow down, the chaos always seems to win.
Tricia Rhodes's life is chaotic too. And it became even more so during an eight-month period when her son and daughter-in-law and two grandchildren moved in. Gone was her time for morning prayer, gone was any quiet at all with a house full of people.
But God broke in. And Tricia learned to see him and communicate with him in whole new ways--not on a spiritual retreat, but right in the midst of the chaos of life. She offers us here a fresh view of connecting to God, one that focuses on quality time and frees us from the rigidity of a devotional life that may feel stifled, grow stagnant or bring about guilt when we can't keep up.
These pages will help awaken your heart to the reality of God's presence in your life--just as it is--providing new ways to pray, to listen to God, to view others the way God sees them, to be guided by God. Making the Chaos Sacred sections at the end of each chapter and suggestions for prayer experiments give practical suggestions for connecting with God and noticing his work throughout each day.
God is not afraid of chaos. If a chaotic life has you running, let Tricia's words offered here help you run to God in the midst of it and discover the ways he can turn even chaos into something sacred.
Tricia McCary Rhodes explores how we make time to have a devotional life in the midst of daily pressures and presents a how-to on finding space and time for God. A Formatio book.
Tricia McCary Rhodes is a writer and teacher whose works include The Soul at Rest, Contemplating the Cross, Intimate Intercession, Taking Up Your Cross and At the Name of Jesus. Together she and her husband, Joe, founded New Hope Church in San Diego, California, and have served there for twenty-five years
- Foreword By Gary Thomas
- 1. The Quiet Time Fixation
- 2. Redefining Prayer
- 3. Kairos Connections
- A One-minute Experiment In Prayer
- 4. As Simple As Turning
- 5. His Eye Upon Us
- 6. Spiritual Sight
- Experiments With Places Of Prayer
- 7. God In The Bedlam
- 8. Seize The Silence
- 9. In Love With The Living Word
- Experiments In Hiding God's Word
- 10. His Abiding Place
- 11. A Life Small In His Hands
- 12. Getting Soaked On The Sabbath
- Experiments In Physical Prayer
- 13. Consolations For The Hungry Heart
- 14. Into The Depths
- 15. New Practices
- Five-minute Experiments In Prayer
- 16. Unholy Moments
- 17. The Heavens Declare
- 18. Immersed In A World I'm Not Of
- Experiments In Creative Ways To Fast
- 19. Practicing The Presence Of People
- 20. The Gospel Without Words
- 21. A Vision For The World
- 22. Seasons Of The Soul
- Appendix A: Extended Experiments In Prayer
- A Thirty-minute Experiment In Prayer
- A One-hour Experiment In Prayer
- A Three-hour Experiment In Prayer
- A One-day Experiment In Prayer As Community
- Appendix B: Attributes Of God With Scriptures
- Appendix C: Names Of Jesus With Scriptures