Parenting isn't rocket science, it's just brain surgery. And Dr. Joshua Straub has good news for you: You can do it! You don't need to do all the "right" things as a parent. Both science and the Bible...
You May Also Like
Parenting isn't rocket science, it's just brain surgery.
And Dr. Joshua Straub has good news for you: You can do it!
You don't need to do all the "right" things as a parent. Both science and the Bible show us that the most important thing we can provide for our kids is a place of emotional safety. In other words, the posturefrom which we parent matters infinitely more than the techniques of parenting.
Emotional safety-more than any other factor-is scientifically linked to raising kids who live, love, and lead well. Learn how to use emotional safety as a foundation from which you parent-and make a cultural impact that could change the world!
In Safe House, Dr. Straub draws from his extensive research and personal experience to help you:
- Foster healthy identity and social development in children of any age
- Win the war without getting overwhelmed in the daily battles
- Discipline in a way that builds relationship
- Understand how the culture is affecting your child and what you can do about it
- Cultivate responsible, self-regulating behavior in your kids
- Establish an unshakeable sense of faith, morality, and values in your home
- Feel more confident and peaceful as a parent
- Find a greater perspective on parenting than what you might see on a daily basis
Joshua Straub,is an author, speaker, and family advocate. He has trained thousands of professionals in Critical Incident Stress Management and has used his experience and knowledge in the area of trauma to help people around the world, most notably in Rwanda recover from the 1994 genocide.
Previously, Josh served as the Senior Director of Professional Development for the AACC (American Association of Christian Counselors). He is currently assistant professor at Liberty University Online. He serves on the teaching team at Woodland Hills Family Church (Branson, MO) and is married to Christi. Together, they are the proud parents of a son and daughter - Landon and Kennedy.