Safely Led to Serve: A Joint Biography
God promises to always guide and protect his followers, and he also promised that through the power of the Holy Spirit, some of these disciples would serve him by taking his message of salvation to the ends of the earth...
In Stock16 available
You may also like
God promises to always guide and protect his followers, and he also promised that through the power of the Holy Spirit, some of these disciples would serve him by taking his message of salvation to the ends of the earth (Acts 1:8).
In Safely Led to Serve, authors Ian and Sonja Southwell share their compelling journey as they join the active ranks of The Salvation Army as officers and allow God to use them as his messengers and servants. Not only a chronicle of the highlights of their ministry--a ministry that has taken them from life in Australia to serving God around the world--their experiences help answer a number of central questions for the Christian walk:
- How does God call people into service for himself?
- To what extent is God faithful to his promises to his followers?
- What is expected of a servant of God?
- How can Christian parents and grandparents have positive influences on their family members?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of being involved in an internationally networked branch of the Christian church?
- What advice for life could come from a couple of committed Christians approaching 50 years of marriage?
From Zambia to the Philippines and back to Australia--and then to Korea, China, and some 19 other countries--join Ian and Sonja as they demonstrate what it takes and what it means to dedicate a life to God's ministry and to be energized by his faithful promises of protection and guidance.
Lieut-Colonel Ian Southwell was a science teacher in Australia before training as an officer (minister) in The Salvation Army. He was commissioned and ordained with his wife, Sonja, in 1969. Together they served in corps (church) leadership, school education, youth work, literary, international administrative, and leader development roles. Areas of ministry have included Zambia, The Philippines, Korea, Hong Kong and China, and in 15 other countries while based in the UK as well as in Ian's homeland of Australia.