Scottish Christianity in the Modern World
A new and wide-ranging study of Christianity in Scotland, from the eighteenth century to the present.The contributors include D. W. D. Shaw, Ian Campbell, Kenneth Fielding, William Ferguson, Barbara MacHaffie, Peter Matheson, John McCaffrey, Owen Chadwick, David Thompson, Keith Robbins,...
Special OrderPayment is by credit card only. Orders for this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
You May Also Like
A new and wide-ranging study of Christianity in Scotland, from the eighteenth century to the present.The contributors include D. W. D. Shaw, Ian Campbell, Kenneth Fielding, William Ferguson, Barbara MacHaffie, Peter Matheson, John McCaffrey, Owen Chadwick, David Thompson, Keith Robbins, Andrew Ross, Stewart J. Brown and George Newlands.Topics encompass varieties of unbelief, challenges to the Westminster confession, John Baillie, Queen Victoria and the Church of Scotland, the Scottish ecumenical movement, the disestablishment movement, and Presbyterian-Catholic relations.
George Newlands is Professor of Divinity at the University of Glasgow, Scotland and Principal of Trinity College, Glasgow, Educated at Edinburgh (MA, BD, PhD, DLitt), Heidelberg and Cambridge, he was previously a university lecturer in Divinity at Cambridge and Dean of Trinity Hall. His recent publications include John and Donald Baillie: Transatlantic Theology (Peter Lang, 2002) and The Transformative Imagination - Rethinking Intercultural Theology (2004). George Newlands is a minister of the Church of Scotland and a priest of the Church of England.
brown is professor of ecclesiastical history and dean of the faculty of divinity, university of edinburgh, scotland. A
- Introduction, Stewart J. Brown And George Newlands
- A.c. Cheyne - An Appreciation, D.w.d. Shaw. Part 1 Faith And Doubt:
- Carlyle And The Secession, Ian Campbell
- A Carlylean Elegy In Auchtertool Kirkyard, Kenneth J. Fielding
- Christian Faith And Unbelief In Modern Scotland, William Ferguson
- Old Testament Criticism And The Education Of Victorian Children, Barbara
- J. Machaffie
- Transforming The Creed, Peter Matheson
- John Baillie And Friends, In Germany And At War, George Newlands. Part 2
- Church, State And Society: Reaction In Scotland To The Irish Famine, John
- F. Mccaffrey
- The Sacrament At Crathie, 1873, Owen Chadwick
- "unrestricted Conference" - Myth And Reality In Scottish Ecumenism,
- David M. Thompson
- Etablishing Disestablishment -some Reflections On Wales And Scotland,
- Keith Robbins
- Presbyterians And Catholics In 20th-century Scotland, Stewart J. Brown
- Scotland And Malawi, 1859-1964, Andrew C. Ross.