Sensible Shoes: A Story About the Spiritual Journey (#01 in Sensible Shoes Series)
A 2013 Midwest Publishing Awards Show Honorable Mention Sharon Garlough Brown tells the moving story of four strangers as they embark together on a journey of spiritual formation: Hannah, a pastor who doesn't realize how exhausted she is....
You May Also Like
A 2013 Midwest Publishing Awards Show Honorable Mention
Sharon Garlough Brown tells the moving story of four strangers as they embark together on a journey of spiritual formation: Hannah, a pastor who doesn't realize how exhausted she is. Meg, a widow and recent empty-nester who is haunted by her past. Mara, a woman who has experienced a lifetime of rejection and is now trying to navigate a difficult marriage. Charissa, a hard-working graduate student who wants to get things right. You're invited to join these four women as they reluctantly arrive at a retreat center and find themselves drawn out of their separate stories of isolation and struggle and into a collective journey of spiritual practice, mutual support and personal revelation. Along the way, readers will be taken into a new understanding of key spiritual practices and find tangible support for the deeper life with God. If you want to travel this journey with others, you will find a group study guide and book club resources at sensibleshoesclub.com.
Sharon Garlough Brown is a spiritual director and cofounder of Abiding Way Ministries, providing spiritual formation retreats and resources. Her book Sensible Shoes was named one of television personality Kathie Lee Gifford's "favorite things" in March 2013. Sharon earned an MDiv from Princeton Theological Seminary. She and her husband, Jack, have served congregations in Scotland, Oklahoma, England, and West Michigan.
- <ul> <li>a 2013 <em>midwest Publishing Awards Show</em> Honorable Mention</li> </ul> Sharon Garlough Brown Tells The Moving Story Of Four Strangers As They Embark Together On A Journey Of Spiritual Formation: Hannah, A Pastor Who Doesn't Realize How Exhausted She Is. Meg, A Widow And Recent Empty-nester Who Is Haunted By Her Past. Mara, A Woman Who Has Experienced A Lifetime Of Rejection And Is Now Trying To Navigate A Difficult Marriage. Charissa, A Hard-working Graduate Student Who Wants To Get Things Right. You're Invited To Join These Four Women As They Reluctantly Arrive At A Retreat Center And Find Themselves Drawn Out Of Their Separate Stories Of Isolation And Struggle And Into A Collective Journey Of Spiritual Practice, Mutual Support And Personal Revelation. Along The Way, Readers Will Be Taken Into A New Understanding Of Key Spiritual Practices And Find Tangible Support For The Deeper Life With God. If You Want To Travel This Journey With Others, You Will Find A Group Study Guide And Book Club Resources At Sensibleshoesclub.com.
- 2. The Pilgrimage Begins
- 3. Exploring The Heart Of God
- 4. Learning To Linger
- 5. Come And See
- 6. Hiding And Seeking
- 7. Walking Attentively
- 8. Intimacy And Encounter
- 9. Found At The Crossroads
- 10. Deeper Into The Wilderness
- 11. Lightening The Load
- 12. Walking Together In The Love Of God