Sex, Meaning and the Menopause
This is a menopausal woman's search for what matters, and a challenge to the myth that all older women want to remain sexually active. In a highly-sexualised and media-hyped society, postmenopausal woman often feel pressurised to have 'great sex.' Books...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
This is a menopausal woman's search for what matters, and a challenge to the myth that all older women want to remain sexually active. In a highly-sexualised and media-hyped society, postmenopausal woman often feel pressurised to have 'great sex.' Books and websites prescribe what the menopause should be. And, if it isn't, here's how to fix it. Painful sex and mood swings can be cured by HRT. Some women take the artificial route to remain sexually active. Others choose a natural approach, even if it means dwindling sexual desire. 'I used to seek it out. Now I endure it', said one woman. But few talk about it. 'It's far more of a taboo than talking about death', said another woman. Fading libido can have a profound effect on relationships. 'I feel despair', said a 61 year-old husband. 'I have to accept that my sex life is more or less over.' And another: 'I have never broached this with my wife, but to think I may never have sex again is very dangerous.' Sue explores the lived, felt experience of what it means to be postmenopausal, and looks at how it affects relationships and changes lives.
- Catalogue Code 330002
- Product Code 9780826423016
- ISBN 0826423019
- EAN 9780826423016
- Pages 192
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category Mid-life & Retirement
- Publisher Bloomsbury Continuum Publishing Group
- Publication Date Jun 2011
- Sales Rank 63332
- Dimensions 215 x 136 x 12mm
- Weight 0.001kg
Sue Brayne is an accredited psychotherapist, workshop leader and writer.
- Part 1: How Did We Get Here?; Historical Overview Of The Menopause; Sex In The Babyboomer Generation; The Viagra Effect; Part 2: Talking About Sex; Flagging Libidos V. Sexual Freedom; Guilt And Shame V. Liberation; What's A Man To Do?; Part 3: Finding Meaning; Intimacy V. Sex; The Search For Meaning; The Next Step.