Shades of Light Study Guide
Sharon Garlough Brown's novel Shades of Light is an exploration of depression, anxiety, caregiving, and the healing journey. In particular, it offers windows into the power of art as a spiritual practice. This six-week study guide is an opportunity for...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Sharon Garlough Brown's novel Shades of Light is an exploration of depression, anxiety, caregiving, and the healing journey. In particular, it offers windows into the power of art as a spiritual practice. This six-week study guide is an opportunity for you to reflect on how the experiences of the characters in the novel resonate with your own experience. Daily Scripture readings and reflection questions are accompanied by an invitation to explore creativity through art and prayer collage. You'll also be introduced to the practice of visio divina (meditating on art) through a weekly link to a piece of art by Vincent van Gogh. With simple spiritual practices, this guide offers a healing balm for those in the midst of difficult seasons.
Sharon Garlough Brown is a spiritual director and cofounder of Abiding Way Ministries, providing spiritual formation retreats and resources. Her book Sensible Shoes was named one of television personality Kathie Lee Gifford's "favorite things" in March 2013. Sharon earned an MDiv from Princeton Theological Seminary. She and her husband, Jack, have served congregations in Scotland, Oklahoma, England, and West Michigan.
- Sharon Garlough Brown's Novel Shades Of Light Is An Exploration Of Depression, Anxiety, Caregiving, And The Healing Journey. In Particular, It Offers Windows Into The Power Of Art As A Spiritual Practice. This Six-week Study Guide Is An Opportunity For You To Reflect On How The Experiences Of The Characters In The Novel Resonate With Your Own Experience. Daily Scripture Readings And Reflection Questions Are Accompanied By An Invitation To Explore Creativity Through Art And Prayer Collage. You'll Also Be Introduced To The Practice Of Visio Divina (meditating On Art) Through A Weekly Link To A Piece Of Art By Vincent Van Gogh. With Simple Spiritual Practices, This Guide Offers A Healing Balm For Those In The Midst Of Difficult Seasons.
- Week One: Prologue Through Chapter Five
- <em>week One Group Discussion</em>
- Week Two: Chapters Six Through Eleven
- <em>week Two Group Discussion</em>
- Week Three: Chapters Twelve Through Seventeen
- <em>week Three Group Discussion</em>
- Week Four: Chapters Eighteen Through Twenty-three
- <em>week Four Group Discussion</em>
- Week Five: Chapters Twenty-four Through Thirty-one
- <em>week Five Group Discussion</em>
- Week Six: Chapters Thirty-two Through Forty
- <em>week Six Group Discussion</em>