Souls in Full Sail
"We do not set out to become old. Far from it. We hardly intend even to become middle-aged. Instead we plan to live in some eternal now which will lead on to something better, something more complete than what we...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
"We do not set out to become old. Far from it. We hardly intend even to become middle-aged. Instead we plan to live in some eternal now which will lead on to something better, something more complete than what we had before. . . .
^^Sometime in our spiritual travels, as a complete surprise, we notice it has become winter. . . . This change has occurred, it seems, without preparation, without fair warning."
^^So spirituality writer Emilie Griffin begins, taking us on an exploration of our later years. It is a book filled with wonderful, rich story, carefully crafted spiritual exercises and wisdom from those who have gone before us. She explores relocation, vocational changes, losing her mother, and negotiating and renegotiating her relationships with her grown children.
^^The journey of our later years is a wondrous voyage, though turbulent at points. But it is, as Emilie Griffin reminds us, the journey we have been preparing for all along.^^
Emilie Griffin is an award-winning playwright and the author of a number of books including Wonderful and Dark Is This Road; Doors into Prayer: An Invitation; Clinging: The Experience of Prayer and Homeward Voyage: Reflections on Life-Changes.
Emilie is on the board and speaking team of Renovare' She and her husband, William, are founding members of the Chrysostom Society, a national group for writers of the Christian faith.
- Souls In Full Sail:
- 1 Setting Out: The Surprise Of Getting Older
- 2 Good Sailors: How Earlier Generations May Inspire Us
- 3 The Far Horizon: Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled
- 4 The Spiritual Life: Strength For The Journey
- 5 Night Fears: Some Things We Are Afraid Of
- 6 Churchyards : The Hope Of Resurrection
- 7 Weaving Family Rituals: A Word About Letting Go
- 8 A Different Wisdom: Living The Cross
- 9 Eastering: Transformation In Christ
- 10 Homeward: Celebrating The Present Moment