Spiritual Conversations With Children
We are born into this world with a natural longing to connect to God and other human beings. When children have a listening companion who hears, acknowledges, and encourages their early experiences with God, it creates a spiritual footprint that...
You May Also Like
We are born into this world with a natural longing to connect to God and other human beings. When children have a listening companion who hears, acknowledges, and encourages their early experiences with God, it creates a spiritual footprint that shapes their lives. How can we increase our capacity to engage children in spiritual conversations? In this book Lacy Finn Borgo draws on her own experience of practicing spiritual direction with children. She offers an overview of childhood spiritual formation and introduces key skills for engaging conversation-posture, power, and patterns-from a Christ-centered perspective. "When we are fully present and open to another, we will be changed," Borgo writes. "Indeed, as you listen to God with a child, the child will lead you into a fuller experience of God's love and acceptance." In this book you'll find:
Sample interactive dialogues with children
Ideas for engaging children with play, art, and movement
Prayers to use together
Whether you are a parent or grandparent, pastor or spiritual director, you will find this to be a friendly guide into deeper ways of listening.
- We Are Born Into This World With A Natural Longing To Connect To God And Other Human Beings. When Children Have A Listening Companion Who Hears, Acknowledges, And Encourages Their Early Experiences With God, It Creates A Spiritual Footprint That Shapes Their Lives. How Can We Increase Our Capacity To Engage Children In Spiritual Conversations? In This Book Lacy Finn Borgo Draws On Her Own Experience Of Practicing Spiritual Direction With Children. She Offers An Overview Of Childhood Spiritual Formation And Introduces Key Skills For Engaging Conversation-posture, Power, And Patterns-from A Christ-centered Perspective. "when We Are Fully Present And Open To Another, We Will Be Changed," Borgo Writes. "indeed, As You Listen To God With A Child, The Child Will Lead You Into A Fuller Experience Of God's Love And Acceptance." In This Book You'll Find: <ul> <li>sample Interactive Dialogues With Children</li> <li>ideas For Engaging Children With Play, Art, And Movement</li> <li>prayers To Use Together</li> </ul> Whether You Are A Parent Or Grandparent, Pastor Or Spiritual Director, You Will Find This To Be A Friendly Guide Into Deeper Ways Of Listening.
- 1. Learning From Jesus
- 2. Children’s Spiritual Formation
- 3. Posture, Power, And Patterns
- 4. The Gift Of Ears And Eyes
- 5. The Language Of Play And Projection
- 6. Attending The Spirit
- 7. Whole Person Prayer Tools
- 8. Two Friends On An Expedition
- Conclusion: Mystery
- Appendix 1: Childlike Version Of Psalm 23
- Appendix 2: Three Guided Prayer Pages For Walking A Labyrinth
- Appendix 3: A Childlike Adaptation Of The Lord’s Prayer With Bodies
- Appendix 4: Holy Listening Information And Permission Form
- Recommended Reading