We are not alone.God is present with us. And God gives us companions on the journey. A spiritual director is one such companion, offering spiritual guidance to help make sense of the faith journey interpret the significant markers...
You May Also Like
We are not alone.God is present with us. And God gives us companions on the journey. A spiritual director is one such companion, offering spiritual guidance to help
make sense of the faith journey
interpret the significant markers on the road
encourage us, particularly through the more difficult transitions and valleys of our pilgrimage
and, most of all, to notice the ministry of the Spirit in our lives
Gordon Smith writes:Even if we have been Christians and maturing in our faith for many years, we still need the encouragement and guidance that might come through spiritual direction... . Genuine humility is evident in our realization that we need a companion, a fellow pilgrim and Christian, who can help us discern and foster an attentiveness to God's presence in our lives. This is the gift of spiritual direction.Whether you are a director, a directee or simply someone who wants to learn more about this ancient ministry, you will find this book to be a helpful guide.
Gordon T. Smith (Ph.D., Loyola School of Theology, Ateneo de Manila University) grew up in Ecuador and is president of reSource (formerly Overseas Council Canada), which works with other reSource affiliates to support and enable excellence in theological education in the developing world. Formerly academic dean and associate professor of spiritual theology at Regent College in Vancouver, British Columbia.
He is author of a number of works in theology and the spiritual life including A Holy Meal; Beginning Well: Christian Conversion & Authentic Transformation; Courage and Calling; Listening to God in Times of Choice and The Voice of Jesus.
- We Are Not Alone.god Is Present With Us. And God Gives Us Companions On The Journey. A Spiritual Director Is One Such Companion, Offering Spiritual Guidance To Help <ul> <li>make Sense Of The Faith Journey</li> <li>interpret The Significant Markers On The Road</li> <li>encourage Us, Particularly Through The More Difficult Transitions And Valleys Of Our Pilgrimage</li> <li>and, Most Of All, To Notice The Ministry Of The Spirit In Our Lives</li> </ul> Gordon Smith Writes:even If We Have Been Christians And Maturing In Our Faith For Many Years, We Still Need The Encouragement And Guidance That Might Come Through Spiritual Direction... . Genuine Humility Is Evident In Our Realization That We Need A Companion, A Fellow Pilgrim And Christian, Who Can Help Us Discern And Foster An Attentiveness To God's Presence In Our Lives. This Is The Gift Of Spiritual Direction.whether You Are A Director, A Directee Or Simply Someone Who Wants To Learn More About This Ancient Ministry, You Will Find This Book To Be A Helpful Guide.
- 2 Theological Perspectives
- 3 Focused Conversation
- 4 Attending To What Is Happening In Our Prayers
- 5 A Spiritual Direction Session
- 6 Pastoral Ministry, Evangelism And Friendship
- 7 The Qualities And Character Of A Director
- 8 The Qualities And Character Of A Directee
- 9 The Holy Spirit As Spiritual Director
- For Further Reading