Spiritual Rhythms For the Enneagram
The Enneagram opens a remarkable window into the truth about us, enabling us to see how image, wounds, lies, triggers, and default responses shape us every bit as much as our faith. But simply diagnosing our number doesn't do justice...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
The Enneagram opens a remarkable window into the truth about us, enabling us to see how image, wounds, lies, triggers, and default responses shape us every bit as much as our faith. But simply diagnosing our number doesn't do justice to who we are. Nor does it necessarily change us or our relationships. Transformation happens as we grow in awareness and learn how to engage and reflect God's image. And relational repair then results as we apply Enneagram insights to the rhythms and grooves of our ordinary daily lives. For those who have learned about the Enneagram and wonder "What's next?"-this handbook is the answer. Filled with exercises to engage, challenge, encourage, and sustain, Spiritual Rhythms for the Enneagram will help us grow in greater awareness and lead us to spiritual and relational transformation. Including new insight on the Enneagram and the Harmony Triads, and offering helpful "Soul Resources" in the appendix, this handbook can be used by individuals or groups.
Scott Loughrige and his wife Clare are cofounders and lead pastors of Crossroads Church and Ministries in Marshall, Michigan, where they have served for over twenty-five years. They are both certified Enneagram instructors, using the tool to engage professionals, small groups, and a two-year formational community.
Clare Loughrige and her husband Scott are cofounders and lead pastors of Crossroads Church and Ministries in Marshall, Michigan, where they have served for over twenty-five years. They are both certified Enneagram instructors, using the tool to engage professionals, small groups, and a two-year formational community. Clare is the author of two guidebooks on the Enneagram.
Adele Ahlberg Calhoun (MA, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary) has worked in Christian ministry for over thirty years and is currently copastor, with her husband, Doug, of Redeemer Community Church in Needham, Massachusetts. She was formerly pastor of spiritual formation at Christ Church in Oak Brook, Illinois. A trained spiritual director, she has taught courses at Wheaton College and Northern Baptist Theological Seminary. In the early 1970s she helped pioneer student work with the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students in Southeast Asia and the Middle East. She has also worked wit
Doug Calhoun and his wife Adele have served on the pastoral staff of four churches and are currently copastors of spiritual formation at Highrock Covenant Church in Arlington, Massachusetts. As certified Enneagram instructors, they enjoy resourcing spiritual leaders and pastors through spiritual direction and teaching the Enneagram. Doug is adjunct faculty at the Transforming Center and at Potter's Inn Soul Care Institute, and he is board chair of Del Camino Connection.
- The Enneagram Opens A Remarkable Window Into The Truth About Us, Enabling Us To See How Image, Wounds, Lies, Triggers, And Default Responses Shape Us Every Bit As Much As Our Faith. But Simply Diagnosing Our Number Doesn't Do Justice To Who We Are. Nor Does It Necessarily Change Us Or Our Relationships. Transformation Happens As We Grow In Awareness And Learn How To Engage And Reflect God's Image. And Relational Repair Then Results As We Apply Enneagram Insights To The Rhythms And Grooves Of Our Ordinary Daily Lives. For Those Who Have Learned About The Enneagram And Wonder "what's Next?"-this Handbook Is The Answer. Filled With Exercises To Engage, Challenge, Encourage, And Sustain, Spiritual Rhythms For The Enneagram Will Help Us Grow In Greater Awareness And Lead Us To Spiritual And Relational Transformation. Including New Insight On The Enneagram And The Harmony Triads, And Offering Helpful "soul Resources" In The Appendix, This Handbook Can Be Used By Individuals Or Groups.
- Introduction: You’ve Got Harmony
- Key Terms
- <strong>part I: The Gut Triad: Eights, Nines, And Ones</strong>
- Eights—strength Is Contemplative Love
- Nines—peace Effects Team
- Ones—goodness Creates Joy
- <strong>part Ii: The Heart Triad: Twos, Threes, And Fours</strong>
- Twos—love Contemplates Then Decides
- Threes—effective Loyalty Harmonizes
- Fours—creativity Joyfully Renews
- <strong>part Iii: The Head Triad: Fives, Sixes, And Sevens</strong>
- Fives—wisdom Lovingly Directs
- Sixes—faithfulness Produces Peace
- Sevens—joy Is Deeply Stable
- <strong>part Iv: Soul Resources</strong>
- <strong>soul Resource 1. </strong> Stop For Harmony
- <strong>soul Resource 2. </strong> Solitude And Silence
- <strong>soul Resource 3. </strong> Returning Prayer For Harmony
- <strong>soul Resource 4. </strong> Mindful Body Harmony
- <strong>soul Resource 5. </strong> Examen And Harmony
- <strong>soul Resource 6. </strong> Welcoming Prayer
- <strong>soul Resource 7. </strong> Imaginative Prayer
- <strong>soul Resource 8. </strong> Practicing The Presence Of God
- <strong>soul Resource 9. </strong> Work Styles And Harmony
- <strong>soul Resource 10. </strong> Harmony Triads
- <strong>soul Resource 11. </strong> Discovering Your Enneagram Type
- <strong>soul Resource 12. </strong> Small Group Discussion On Empathy