Starting Something New
:Do you have a dream?Do you long to change your lifestyle or vocation, or to start a new business or nonprofit ministry? Do you find yourself wondering, How do I know for sure that this dream is from God and...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
:Do you have a dream?Do you long to change your lifestyle or vocation, or to start a new business or nonprofit ministry? Do you find yourself wondering, How do I know for sure that this dream is from God and for me? And what in the world do I do with it?Drawing from her own life-changing experience of realizing a dream, spiritual director Beth Booram has written this book to guide you through the spiritual process of defining and acting on the idea stirring within you. Interviews from people like Chris Smith, Phileena Heuertz and Randy Reese who have courageously embraced a God-prompted idea are included with each chapter to add further vision and insight. Carefully designed exercises at the end of each chapter will guide those in the beginning stages as well as provide practical help and support for those who are actively tending a God-given dream.
Beth Booram spent sixteen years on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ and has served in a number of pastoral roles in the local church, both mainline and nondenominational, including a 6,500-member congregation. She leads contemplative retreats and speaks frequently on topics of spirituality and leadership. Learn more at www.wideopenspacesofgod.org.
- <strong>part I: Discerning A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Abby Kuzma And The Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic1. Conceivingreflection: Paying Attention To What You Are Praying Interview: Randy Reese And Vantagepoint32. Broodingreflection: Discerning Your Personal Valuesinterview: Phileena Heuertz And Gravity—a Center For Contemplative Activism3. Welcomingreflection: Welcoming Your Dreaminterview: Chris Smith And The Englewood Review Of Books4. Discerningreflection: A Personal And Prayerful Approach To Discernmentreflection: A Communal Approach To Discernment
- <strong>part Ii: Shaping A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Marybeth Jackson And The Viewfinder Project5. Namingreflection: Choosing A Nameinterview: Elizabeth Roney And Liz Alig Fashion6. Shapingreflection: Shaping Your Dreaminterview: Dave Baldwin And Furnace Hills Coffee7 Sortingreflection: Learning To Sort Things Outinterview: Joanna Taft And The Harrison Center For The Arts8. Changingreflection: Standing At The Crossroadsinterview: Nate Hershey And City Life Wheels9. Waitingreflection: In The Waiting Roominterview: Melissa Millis And Nou Hope 10. Dyingreflection: Paying Attention To What’s Happening Through The Dying Processinterview: Suzy Roth And Hands Of Hope Adoption And Orphan Care11. Resurrectingreflection: Signs Of Life
- <strong>part Iii: Birthing A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Tom Durant And Eco Caf Haiti 12. Birthingreflection: Ideas To Celebrate And Dedicate Your Dreaminterview: Katie Taylor And Film School Africa13. Livingreflection: Your New Normal And Your Growing Edgeinterview: Sibyl Towner And The Springs14. Sustainingreflection: My Rhythms And Rule Of Life
- Epilogue: What Comes Of Dreamsacknowledgments Appendix : Web Resourcesnotes