Starting Something New
Do you have a dream? Do you have a creative idea stirring within you to do something different or start something new? If so, you're not alone. Many people have God-given dreams but don't know how to discern what they...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
Do you have a dream? Do you have a creative idea stirring within you to do something different or start something new? If so, you're not alone. Many people have God-given dreams but don't know how to discern what they are and develop them into something real. Most of these dreamers aren't business people or experienced entrepreneurs. They're just sincere Christ-followers who need a spiritual and practical guide to help them realize their dream?whether it be to start a new ministry, non-profit or business, or even the vision to begin a new lifestyleDrawing from her personal experience and the stories of fifteen others, spiritual director Beth Booram has written this companion guide for those who wonder if they have a God-given idea but don't know what to do with it. Interviews from people like Chris Smith, Phileena Heuertz and Randy Reese who have courageously embraced a God-prompted idea are included with each chapter to add further vision and insight. Carefully designed exercises at the end of each chapter will guide and provide practical support for those who are on the spiritual journey of identifying and acting on a God-given dream. By the end, you will know that one of the privileged tasks of life is to discern, shape, birth and sustain something new.
Beth Booram spent sixteen years on staff with Campus Crusade for Christ and has served in a number of pastoral roles in the local church, both mainline and nondenominational, including a 6,500-member congregation. She leads contemplative retreats and speaks frequently on topics of spirituality and leadership. Learn more at www.wideopenspacesofgod.org.
- Do You Have A Dream? Do You Have A Creative Idea Stirring Within You To Do Something Different Or Start Something New? If So, You're Not Alone. Many People Have God-given Dreams But Don't Know How To Discern What They Are And Develop Them Into Something Real. Most Of These Dreamers Aren't Business People Or Experienced Entrepreneurs. They're Just Sincere Christ-followers Who Need A Spiritual <em>and</em> Practical Guide To Help Them Realize Their Dream?whether It Be To Start A New Ministry, Non-profit Or Business, Or Even The Vision To Begin A New Lifestyledrawing From Her Personal Experience And The Stories Of Fifteen Others, Spiritual Director Beth Booram Has Written This Companion Guide For Those Who Wonder If They Have A God-given Idea But Don't Know What To Do With It. Interviews From People Like Chris Smith, Phileena Heuertz And Randy Reese Who Have Courageously Embraced A God-prompted Idea Are Included With Each Chapter To Add Further Vision And Insight. Carefully Designed Exercises At The End Of Each Chapter Will Guide And Provide Practical Support For Those Who Are On The Spiritual Journey Of Identifying And Acting On A God-given Dream. By The End, You Will Know That One Of The Privileged Tasks Of Life Is To Discern, Shape, Birth And Sustain Something New.
- <strong>part I: Discerning A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Abby Kuzma And The Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic1. Conceivingreflection: Paying Attention To What You Are Praying Interview: Randy Reese And Vantagepoint32. Broodingreflection: Discerning Your Personal Valuesinterview: Phileena Heuertz And Gravity—a Center For Contemplative Activism3. Welcomingreflection: Welcoming Your Dreaminterview: Chris Smith And The Englewood Review Of Books4. Discerningreflection: A Personal And Prayerful Approach To Discernmentreflection: A Communal Approach To Discernment
- <strong>part Ii: Shaping A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Marybeth Jackson And The Viewfinder Project5. Namingreflection: Choosing A Nameinterview: Elizabeth Roney And Liz Alig Fashion6. Shapingreflection: Shaping Your Dreaminterview: Dave Baldwin And Furnace Hills Coffee7 Sortingreflection: Learning To Sort Things Outinterview: Joanna Taft And The Harrison Center For The Arts8. Changingreflection: Standing At The Crossroadsinterview: Nate Hershey And City Life Wheels9. Waitingreflection: In The Waiting Roominterview: Melissa Millis And Nou Hope 10. Dyingreflection: Paying Attention To What’s Happening Through The Dying Processinterview: Suzy Roth And Hands Of Hope Adoption And Orphan Care11. Resurrectingreflection: Signs Of Life
- <strong>part Iii: Birthing A God-given Dream</strong>
- Interview: Tom Durant And Eco Caf Haiti 12. Birthingreflection: Ideas To Celebrate And Dedicate Your Dreaminterview: Katie Taylor And Film School Africa13. Livingreflection: Your New Normal And Your Growing Edgeinterview: Sibyl Towner And The Springs14. Sustainingreflection: My Rhythms And Rule Of Life
- Epilogue: What Comes Of Dreamsacknowledgments Appendix : Web Resourcesnotes