Steward Leadership in the Nonprofit Organization
:Most approaches to nonprofit organizational leadership are borrowed from the for-profit sector. But these models are often inadequate to address the issues nonprofit leaders face. We need a new framework for nonprofit management that is rooted in historical precedent and...
Available Now.1 Available
You may also like
:Most approaches to nonprofit organizational leadership are borrowed from the for-profit sector. But these models are often inadequate to address the issues nonprofit leaders face. We need a new framework for nonprofit management that is rooted in historical precedent and biblical principles yet is also appropriate for the nonprofit context. Nonprofit consultant and researcher Kent Wilson presents a comprehensive model for steward leadership, in which leaders act as stewards or trustees, never as owners. Scripture and history give concrete examples of stewards who manage resources on behalf of others for the good of others. Wilson applies this classical understanding of the steward to modern organizational management, defining and developing steward leadership as an alternative to its cousin, servant leadership. Steward leadership offers great hope for the transformation and effectiveness of nonprofit leadership for stakeholders, board members, executive directors and staff members. Designed by nonprofit leaders for nonprofit leaders, this fresh approach to leadership gives you a new focus to lead your organization with excellence.
- :introduction1. The Distinct Challenges Of Nonprofit Organizational Leadership
- <strong>section One: The Historical Origins Of The Steward</strong>
- 2. The Historical Steward Of Classical Greco-roman Culture3. The Historical Steward Of The Bible
- <strong>section Two: The Steward Leadership Model</strong>
- 4. The Steward Leadership Model5. The Steward Leader 6. How Steward Leadership Compares To Servant Leadership7. Stages In The Development Of Stewardship
- <strong>section Three: Steward Leadership In The Nonprofit Organization</strong>
- 8. Steward Leadership In The Nonprofit Organization 9. The Nonprofit Board As Steward Leader10. The Ceo/executive Director As Steward Leader11. The Nonprofit Staff As Stewards Epilogue: Steward Leadership For The Rest Of The World
- Acknowledgments References Citednotesabout The Authorsubject Indexscripture Index