:"I stand on the edge of a cliff in my own bedroom."Gillian Marchenko continues her description of depression: "I must keep still. Otherwise I will plunge to my death. 'Please God, take this away,' I pray when I can."For Gillian,...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
:"I stand on the edge of a cliff in my own bedroom."Gillian Marchenko continues her description of depression: "I must keep still. Otherwise I will plunge to my death. 'Please God, take this away,' I pray when I can."For Gillian, "dealing with depression" means learning to accept and treat it as a physical illness. In these pages she describes her journey through various therapies and medications to find a way to live with depression. She faces down the guilt of a wife and mother of four, two with special needs. How can she care for her family when she can't even get out of bed?Her story is real and raw, not one of quick fixes. But hope remains as she discovers that living with depression is still life.
Gillian writes and speaks about parenting kids with Down syndrome, faith, depression, imperfection and adoption. Educated at Moody Bible Institute, she served as an administrator for the Evangelical Free Church of America Special Needs Network, and with the Joni & Friends Chicago Teaching Team, helping churches cultivate inclusive environments for individuals with disabilities and their families. In addition to being featured in numerous radio interviews and guest blogging on several websites, Gillian has written for publications such asChicago Parent, Thriving Family, Gifted for Leadership, T
- <strong>part I: Bottom</strong>
- 1. Uncle2. Why Are You Smiling?3. Major Depressive Disorder4. Who Am I?5. Help
- <strong>part Ii: Borderline</strong>
- 6. Home7. Is A Depressed Mom A Bad Mom?8. Origins9. Work The Program10. The Color System11. Will The Real Depression Please Stand Up?12. Escape13. The Lord's Prayer
- <strong>part Iii: Breakthroughs</strong>
- 14. Thaw15. Polygamy16. Hide17. And Seek18. Grow19. Shame20. Best Mom21. Faith22. Forced Praise23. Still Lifeacknowledgmentsabout The Author