Strangers Next Door
More than ever, North America is being flooded by people from all around the world, many of them here illegally. How should the church respond to these sojourners among us? In Strangers Next Door professor of evangelism and church planting...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
More than ever, North America is being flooded by people from all around the world, many of them here illegally. How should the church respond to these sojourners among us? In Strangers Next Door professor of evangelism and church planting J. D. Payne introduces the phenomenon of migrations of peoples to Western nations and explores how the church should respond in light of the mission of God. As we understand and embrace the fact that the least-reached people groups now reside in (and continue to migrate to) Western countries, churches have unprecedented opportunites to freely share the gospel with them. This book includes practical guidelines for doing crosscultural missions and developing a global strategy of mission. It also highlights examples of churches and organizations attempting to reach, partner with, and send migrants to minister to their people. Discover how you can reach out to the strangers next door by welcoming them into God's family.
J.D. Payne (Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is a national missionary with the North American Mission Board and an assistant professor of Evangelism and Church Planting in the Billy Graham School of Missions, Evangelism, and Church Growth at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He holds memberships in the Evangelical Theological Society, Evangelical Missiological Society, and American Society for Church Growth.
He has written numerous articles and reviews in the area of missions and evangelism. He is also the founder of the web-based resource northamericanmissions.org. He has authored Missional House Churches: Reaching Our Communities with the Gospel (Paternoster), The Barnabas Factors: Eight Essential Practices of Church Planting Team Members (Missional Press), Discovering Church Planting: An Introduction to the Whats, Whys, and Hows of Global Church Planting (Paternoster), and Evangelism DQA (Deepest Questions Answered): A Biblical Guide to the Questions Youve Always Wondered About (Paternoster 2010).
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- 1. Immigration, Migration And Kingdom Perspective
- 2. What In The World Is God Doing?
- 3. The World's Unreached In The West
- 4. Migration And Kingdom Expansion, Part 1
- 5. Migration And Kingdom Expansion, Part 2
- 6. Migration And The West, 1500-2010
- 7. Students On The Move
- 8. Refugees On The Move
- 9. Stories From The Field
- 10. Guidelines For Reaching The Strangers Next Door
- 11. A Suggested Strategy For Reaching The Strangers Next Door
- 12. Diaspora Missiology: A Conclusion Or Just The Beginning?
- Appendix 1: Unreached People Groups In The United States And Canada
- Appendix 2: Unreached People Groups In The West, Excluding The United States And Canada
- Appendix 3: Unreached People Groups In The West
- Scripture Index
- General Index