Sword Bearer (#01 in Archives Of Anthropos Series)
It was John's birthday. He would be thirteen. And what's more, it was on this day that his grandmother would tell him the mystery of his locket ... and of his parents. But it was not to be. Before he...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
It was John's birthday. He would be thirteen. And what's more, it was on this day that his grandmother would tell him the mystery of his locket ... and of his parents. But it was not to be. Before he could find out, he was magically transported to the land of Anthropos where he was startled to be hailed as the Sword Bearer, the slayer of the Goblin Prince. Here, in this imaginative story of the early history of Anthropos, John White captures the excitement and wonder of another world.
1. The Birthday That Went Wrong2. Troubled Sleep3. John Makes a Dream Journey4. Slapfoot Comes for John5. The Lord Lunacy6. Death Sentence7. The Prophet and the King8. John Behaves Badly9. The Goblin Prince10. The Secret Plan11. Oso and Aguila Attack12. The Two Towers13. The Seer14. The Coming of the Copper Moon15. The Hideous Head16. The Cup in the Tower17. The Sword of Geburah18. The Building of the Castle19. The Fight in the Cave20. Descent of the Four Winds21. Goldcoffin22. Folly's Comfort23. Journey into Pain24. Tragedy in the Amphitheater25. Efel Spawn26. The Third Pross Stone27. Battle of the Titans28. The Seven-Headed Dragon29. Old Nick's Triumph30. Ian McNab31. Link Between Two Worlds
John White was born in Liverpool, England, on March 5, 1924, and grew up in Manchester. After serving as a reconnaissance photographer in the Fleet Air Arms during World War II, he completed medical training at Manchester University. He later participated in a variety of short-term missions efforts (including Bible smuggling!) and captitalized on many opportunities to encourage Christians behind the Iron Curtain during the beginning of the Cold War.
On June 25, 1955, White married Laureate May O'Hara. From 1955 to 1964 he served as a medical missionary with New Tribes Mission. Later he was appointed associate general secretary of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students of Latin America.
White emigrated to Canada with his family in 1965 and later completed his residency in psychiatry in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He next filled the post of associate professor of psychiatry at the University of Manitoba and also served locally as pastor of Church of the Way.
He wrote 25 books as well as numerous articles and study guides. A much sought-after speaker, he lectured around the world at churches, conferences and leadership events. During his later life, White moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, helping to plant a Vineyard church there (Surrey Vineyard) and becoming involved in the larger Vineyard Christian Fellowship.
John White died in 2002, but his written ministry lives on, with over 1.5 million of his books in print.
- 1. The Birthday That Went Wrong
- 2. Troubled Sleep
- 3. John Makes A Dream Journey
- 4. Slapfoot Comes For John
- 5. The Lord Lunacy
- 6. Death Sentence
- 7. The Prophet And The King
- 8. John Behaves Badly
- 9. The Goblin Prince
- 10. The Secret Plan
- 11. Oso And Aguila Attack
- 12. The Two Towers
- 13. The Seer
- 14. The Coming Of The Copper Moon
- 15. The Hideous Head
- 16. The Cup In The Tower
- 17. The Sword Of Geburah
- 18. The Building Of The Castle
- 19. The Fight In The Cave
- 20. Descent Of The Four Winds
- 21. Goldcoffin
- 22. Folly’s Comfort
- 23. Journey Into Pain
- 24. Tragedy In The Amphitheater
- 25. Efel Spawn
- 26. The Third Pross Stone
- 27. Battle Of The Titans
- 28. The Seven-headed Dragon
- 29. Old Nick’s Triumph
- 30. Ian Mcnab
- 31. Link Between Two Worlds