Telling the Gospel Through Story: Evangelism That Keeps Hearers Wanting More
The 2013 Outreach Magazine Resource of the Year in Evangelism!Everybody loves a good story.In an age when prepackaged gospel formulations leave people cold, well-told Bible stories can be used powerfully by God to touch people's hearts and draw them to...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
The 2013 Outreach Magazine Resource of the Year in Evangelism!Everybody loves a good story.In an age when prepackaged gospel formulations leave people cold, well-told Bible stories can be used powerfully by God to touch people's hearts and draw them to himself.After ministry in both Western and non-Western contexts, church planter Christine Dillon has discovered that Bible storying is far more effective than most other forms of apologetics or evangelistic presentations. In fact, non-Christians actually enjoyed storying and kept coming back for more. Storying provides solid biblical foundations so listeners can understand, apply and respond to the gospel, and then go on to fruitful maturity in God's service.This book includes practical guidance on how to shape a good story, how to do evangelism through storying and how to lead Bible discussions. With particular insights for trainers and those working in crosscultural contexts, this guide provides you with concrete steps for sharing the Story that everyone needs to hear.
- Catalogue Code 408839
- Product Code 9780830866922
- ISBN 0830866922
- EAN 9780830866922
- Department General Books
- Category Christian Living
- Sub-Category Evangelism
- Publisher Intervarsity Press Usa
- Publication Date Jun 2012
- Sales Rank 62837
- DRM Free
- Printable No
- Size 0.81 MB (EPUB)
Christine Dillon is a Australian missionary with OMF in Taiwan. She uses Bible stories to share the gospel, disciple and train leaders. She trains people in story telling in both Western and non-Western contexts.
- The 2013 <em>outreach Magazine</em> Resource Of The Year In Evangelism!everybody Loves A Good Story.in An Age When Prepackaged Gospel Formulations Leave People Cold, Well-told Bible Stories Can Be Used Powerfully By God To Touch People's Hearts And Draw Them To Himself.after Ministry In Both Western And Non-western Contexts, Church Planter Christine Dillon Has Discovered That Bible Storying Is Far More Effective Than Most Other Forms Of Apologetics Or Evangelistic Presentations. In Fact, Non-christians Actually Enjoyed Storying And Kept Coming Back For More. Storying Provides Solid Biblical Foundations So Listeners Can Understand, Apply And Respond To The Gospel, And Then Go On To Fruitful Maturity In God's Service.this Book Includes Practical Guidance On How To Shape A Good Story, How To Do Evangelism Through Storying And How To Lead Bible Discussions. With Particular Insights For Trainers And Those Working In Crosscultural Contexts, This Guide Provides You With Concrete Steps For Sharing The Story That Everyone Needs To Hear.
- <strong>part One: Foundations</strong>
- 1. Why Storying?
- 2. Learning From Biblical Models
- <strong>part Two: Preparing A Basic Story Set</strong>
- 3. Choosing Suitable Stories
- 4. Preparing Stories From The Biblical Text
- <strong>part Three: Sow And Tell: Getting Out And Using Storying</strong>
- 5. Getting Started
- 6. Leading Discussion: The Why And How
- 7. Discussion Dynamics: More Hints
- <strong>part Four: Pass It On: Training Others</strong>
- 8. Basics
- 9. Motivating Trainees
- <strong>part Five: Adapting For Specific Contexts</strong>
- 10. Evangelistic Storying With Different Audiences
- 11. Storying For Christian Teaching
- Appendix A: Extra Discussion Questions
- Appendix B: Different Storying Methods
- Appendix C: Training Checklist
- Appendix D: Sample Stories