Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health
1. Do You Thirst For God?^2. Are You More Loving?^3. Are You More Sensitive To God's Presence?^4. Are You Governed Increasingly by God's Word?^5. Do You Have A Growing Concern For The Temporal And Spiritual Needs Of Others?^6. Do You...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
1. Do You Thirst For God?^2. Are You More Loving?^3. Are You More Sensitive To God's Presence?^4. Are You Governed Increasingly by God's Word?^5. Do You Have A Growing Concern For The Temporal And Spiritual Needs Of Others?^6. Do You Delight In The Bride Of Jesus Christ?^7. Are The Christian Spiritual Disciplines Increasingly Important To You?^8. Do You Still Grieve Over Sin?^9. Are You A Quicker Forgiver?^10. Do You Yearn For Heaven And To Be With Jesus?^112 Pages
Are you spiritually healthy, or just spiritually busy? If you're like many Christians who desire a deeper walk with Christ, you're probably pursuing activities geared to help you grow. But you may wonder if you're really making progress. You're spiritually active, but are you spiritually healthy? Would Jesus look at your endeavors (prayer, church attendance, evangelism, Bible study, etc.) and pronounce you spiritually fit? Or does He have an altogether different set of criteria by which He measures your spiritual well-being? Best-selling author Don Whitney (Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life) is no stranger to activities and disciplines designed to move believers toward a deeper relationship with Jesus. But the ten probing questions Whitney poses in this book will help you look beyond your spiritual activity to assess the true state of your spiritual health. His questions cut to the heart of the matter: Is your character becoming more like Christ's? Are you spiritually healthy, or just spiritually busy? Don Whitney will help you ask yourself the right questions for evaluating your growth in the areas that really matter.
Rocking the Roles explains how marriage can be a perfect blend of structure and equality, balance and beauty.
Transform your relationship by learning about:
• common misunderstandings about marriage
• core roles that don't limit choices
• what spouses most need to understand about each other
• what submission and authority is and is not
Build a marriage on a firm foundation of Scripture, forgiveness, and a healthy understand of who we are in Christ.
Don Whitney has been Professor of Biblical Spirituality and Senior Associate Dean at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY since 2005. Before that, he held a similar position (the first such position in the six Southern Baptist seminaries) at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO, for ten years. He is the founder and president of The Center for Biblical Spirituality.Don grew up in Osceola, Arkansas where he came to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. He was active in sports throughout high school and college, and worked in the radio station hi