To succeed at the highest level of any profession requires not just skill, but also confidence and mental toughness. Many men and women have natural skills, but many would also be the first to say that without the affirming...
You May Also Like
To succeed at the highest level of any profession requires not just skill, but also confidence and mental toughness. Many men and women have natural skills, but many would also be the first to say that without the affirming love and support from their fathers or a father figure, they would not have made it to the top of their fields.
In That's My Dad! authors Joe Pellegrino and Joe Battaglia look at father models, both positive and negative, that helped to shape the lives of successful men and women in the competitive worlds of media, arts and entertainment, and professional sports. Included are:
• Joe Girardi, Manager, New York Yankees
• Allan Houston, former NBA all-star and Assistant GM, New York Knicks
• Gretchen Carlson, Author and Fox News commentator and host of "The Real Story" with Gretchen Carlson
• Jeff Kemp, former NFL quarterback
• Lee Rouson, former NFL Running Back
• Michael Franzese, former New York mobster with the Colombo crime family, inspirational speaker and author
• Tina Cervasio, New York television sports anchor with Fox 5 and ESPN radio sportscaster and commentator
• Darryl Strawberry, former Major League Baseball All-Star, ordained minister and author
• Frances Hesselbein, President and CEO of The Frances Hesselbein Leadership Institute and former CEO of Girl Scouts of the USA
• David Tyree, former NFL wide receiver with the New York Giants • Roderick Caesar, senior pastor of Bethel Gospel Tabernacle, Queens, NY
• Chris Broussard, ESPN and ESPN.com basketball analyst, writer and commentator
• Kelly Wright, FOXNews reporter and co-anchor of America's News Headquarters
• Rita Cosby, television news anchor and correspondent, WABC radio host, and best-selling author
Whether these role models were hurt or helped by the choices of their fathers, they have chosen to learn from their past and portray exemplary qualities like courage, honor, joy, authenticity, and integrity to make them the role models they are today. This book demonstrates the power of true fatherhood and the difference it makes in the lives of children. All of us want to, or yearn that we could, stand up and shout, "That's my dad!"
JOE PELLEGRINO is the President and founder of Legacy Minded Men, a ministry whose mission is to raise up Godly men. He is also the Publisher of Life & Leisure, LLC, a bi-weekly local publication circulating to 50,000 homes in northern New Jersey and the President of Not Just an Average Joe, LLC, a unique marketing company. Joe and his wife Bethanne have three children and reside in northern New Jersey.
JOE BATTAGLIA is the founder and president of Renaissance Communications, a media company specializing in the production and syndication of radio programming, media consulting and creative promotions. Joe has been involved in the promotion of successful hit movies to the faith-based marketplace, such as The Passion, The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe, The Polar Express, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Courageous, Soul Surfer, Son of God, God's Not Dead, and Heaven Is For Real. Highly active in the Christian music industry, Battaglia served on the board of Gospel Music Association (GMA) for 19 years, was chairman of the National Christian Radio Association (NCRS) for 14 years, and currently sits on the boards of the Walter Hoving Home in Garrison, NY and the WAY-FM Radio Network. He lives in New Jersey.