The Apostles' Creed: Together We Believe (Bible Study Book)
: Take your group through an in-depth examination of the primary tenets of Christianity. The Apostles' Creed was born from the apostles' teachings. It contains essential doctrines and beliefs that summarize the gospel and the foundation of our faith. The...
In Stock16 available
You May Also Like
Take your group through an in-depth examination of the primary tenets of Christianity. The Apostles' Creed was born from the apostles' teachings. It contains essential doctrines and beliefs that summarize the gospel and the foundation of our faith. The scriptural truths contained in the creed enable us to build our Christian lives on good theology, with the knowledge that our faith is rooted in truth and a rich history.
The lines of the creed aren't mere words. They are the essence of what we confess and believe. Repeating the creed doesn't make disciples. Incantations don't transform us into better, more effective Christians. Creeds don't hold any authority apart from Scripture, but they do point outside themselves to the authoritative Word of God.
The Apostles' Creed was traditionally used as a public confession before baptism. This confession of faith, given as a recitation of the creed, was understood as an act of turning away from previous pagan beliefs and fully accepting apostolic teaching. This profession identified new believers with the community of Christians.
This group study from Matt Chandler and The Village Church leads to greater clarity of our religion, greater symmetry and balance as a disciple, and a more profound sense of belonging in the kingdom of God.
The Apostles' Creed Bible Study Book includes 12 small-group sessions, 12 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group.
1. I Believe In
2. God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and Earth
3. And in Jesus Christ, His Only Son, Our Lord
4. Who Was Conceived by the Holy Spirit, Born of the Virgin Mary
5. Suffered Under Pontius Pilate; Was Crucified, Dead, and Buried
6. He Descended to Hell, the Third Day He Rose Again from the Dead
7. He Ascended into Heaven and Sits on the Right Hand of the Father Almighty
8. From Whence He Shall Come to Judge the Living and the Dead
9. I Believe in the Holy Spirit
10. The Holy Catholic Church, the Communion of Saints
11. The Forgiveness of Sins
12. The Resurrection of the Body and the Life Everlasting. Amen
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered content
• 12 small-group sessions that guide groups through the theological implications of the creed
• Personal-study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Help believers better understand the foundations of the Christian faith.
• Improve evangelistic efforts by learning the fundamentals of the Christian faith.
• Gain a succinct understanding of Christianity, its origins, and its basic theology.
• Understand the significance of understanding and clearly professing what you believe.
• Transform your group into engaged disciples of Jesus who embrace and practice the essential doctrines of their faith.
Matt Chandler is the lead pastor of The Village Church, a multi-campus church in the Dallas metroplex of over 10,000 people. His sermons are among the topselling (free) podcasts on itunes and he speaks at conferences worldwide. Prior to accepting the pastorate at The Village, Matt had a vibrant itinerant ministry for over ten years where he spoke to hundreds of thousands of people in America and abroad about the glory of God and beauty of Jesus. He lives in Texas with his wife, Lauren, and their three children: Audrey, Reid and Norah.