The Attentive Life
:Your attention, please.That's what God wants, Leighton Ford discovered. It's the path to becoming like Christ.Distractions, fear and busyness were keeping Ford from seeing God's work in and around him. He was missing God. So he began a journey of...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
:Your attention, please.That's what God wants, Leighton Ford discovered. It's the path to becoming like Christ.Distractions, fear and busyness were keeping Ford from seeing God's work in and around him. He was missing God. So he began a journey of longing and looking for God. And it started with paying attention.In these pages, he invites you to journey with him. Using the rich monastic tradition of praying the hours, Ford will walk with you, helping you pay attention to God's work in you and around you throughout each day and in different seasons of your life.If you're busy, distracted, rushing through each day, you might be feeling disconnected from God, unable to see how he's working. You might be missing him. But the way toward him starts with a pause and a prayer-with intention and attention-and becomes a way of life, awake and alive to the peaceful, powerful presence of God.
Leighton Ford heads Leighton Ford Ministries, which seeks to help young leaders worldwide to lead more like Jesus and more to Jesus. For many years, Ford communicated Christ around the globe through speaking, writing and media outreach. He describes his current mission to be "an artist of the soul and a friend on the journey." He is the author of Transforming Leadership and most recently, The Attentive Life.
Richard J. Foster (D.Th.P., Fuller Theological Seminary) is founder of RENOVARE in Denver, Colorado. He is the author of many books, including Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth, which has sold over two million copies worldwide, Freedom of Simplicity, Streams of Living Water, and Prayer, which was Christianity Today's Book of the Year and the winner of the Gold Medallion Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, and is a general editor of The Renovare; Spiritual Formation Bible. His two most recent books are Life with God and Longing for God with Gayle Beebe.
- :an Introduction: Short Flights And Quick Returnsone Who Paid Attention: C. S. Lewis Looking Along A Beam
- 1. Paying Attention: The Hours Of Our Livesone Who Paid Attention: Simone Weil On A Postage Stamp
- 2. The Birthing Hour: Time Before Timeone Who Paid Attention: Vincent Donovan--the Masai Chief, The Missionary And The Lion God
- 3. Daybreak: The Hour Of Beginningsone Who Paid Attention: The Teacher Who Took Off His Hat
- 4. Prime Time: Our Root Systemone Who Paid Attention: My Spiritual Director Dog
- 5. Active Life: A Slower Pace In A Faster Worldone Who Paid Attention: Kierkegaard’s Lanterns, Fireworks And Stars
- 6. The Noonday Demon: Our Distractible Selvesone Who Paid Attention: How Mother Teresa Kept Going
- Holy Stillness: An Interlude
- 7. When Shadows Come: Darkness Comes Earlyone Who Paid Attention: Jerry Sittser Trying To Catch The Sun
- 8. Lighting The Lamps: The House With Golden Windowsone Who Paid Attention: Nouwen, A Restless Prophet
- 9. Grandfather Time: When Evening Comesone Who Paid Attention: Hwee Hwee Tan, Becoming What We Look At
- Epilogue: The Journey Home
- Appendix: Observing The Hours
- In Attention To Gratitude