The Best Things in Life
What are the best things in life? Questions like that may boggle your mind. But they don't boggle Socrates. The indomitable old Greek brings his unending questions to Desperate State University. With him come the same mind-opening and spirit-stretching...
Out of StockAvailable to Order
You May Also Like
What are the best things in life?
Questions like that may boggle your mind. But they don't boggle Socrates. The indomitable old Greek brings his unending questions to Desperate State University. With him come the same mind-opening and spirit-stretching challenge that disrupted ancient Athens. What is the purpose of education? Why do we make love? What good is money? Can computers think like people? Is there a difference between Capitalism and Communism? What is the greatest good? Is belief in God like belief in Santa Claus? In twelve short, Socratic dialogs Peter Kreeft explodes contemporary values like success, power and pleasure. And he bursts the modern bubbles of agnosticism and subjectivism. He leaves you richer, wiser and more able to discern what the best things in life actually are.
Peter J. Kreeft (Ph.D., Fordham University) is professor of philosophy at Boston College where he has taught since 1965. A popular lecturer, he has also taught at many other colleges, seminaries and educational institutions in the eastern United States. Kreeft has written more than forty books, including The Best Things in Life; The Journey; How to Win the Culture Wars; Jesus meets Socrates; Jesus meets Sartre; Between Heaven and Hell and, with Ronald Tacelli, Handbook of Christian Apologetics and the soon to be released The Philosophy of Jesus and Between Jesus and Allah.
Koorong -Editorial Review.
- Foreword By Anytus Of Athens
- <strong>i. Socrates And Peter Pragma</strong>
- 1. On Education And E.t.
- 2. On Liberal Education And Careers
- 3. On Technology And Inchworms
- 4. On Artificial Intelligence And College Presidents
- 5. On Superstition And Santa Claus
- 6. On Success And The Greatest Good
- <strong>ii. Socrates And Felicia Flake</strong>
- 7. On Pot And Happiness
- 8. On Rock . . . . And Music
- 9. On Sex And Love
- 10. On Sexism And Pop Psychology
- 11. On Communism And Capitalism
- Interlude Before Felicia's Oxford Tutorial
- 12. On Objective Values