The Bible Questions
The Bible isn't meant to be left unquestioned; it's meant to be opened and read and questioned. And everyone has questions about the Bible--from the senior pastor of the big church down the road to the guest at the hotel...
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives. eBook is Available.0 Available. Expected to ship in 6 to 7 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
The Bible isn't meant to be left unquestioned; it's meant to be opened and read and questioned. And everyone has questions about the Bible--from the senior pastor of the big church down the road to the guest at the hotel off the interstate. Where did it come from? Who wrote it? Why are people so inspired by it (or fearful of it)? What does it have to do with my life? Hal Seed takes you on a tour into and behind the Bible, so that you get to know it and the God who makes himself known in it.
Hal Seed is the founding pastor of New Song Community Church in Oceanside, California. Since the church began in 1992, New Song has seen over 11,000 people come to Christ, has planted four daughter churches, has launched one satellite, and has helped launch four parachurch ministries: Outreach Inc., Dynamic Church Planting International, Church Community Builder, and First the Kingdom. Currently Seed travels to assist churches with evangelism and outreach, military ministry strategy, and "Next Door" efforts. He is a Walk-Thru-The-Bible Instructor and a trainer for Dynamic Church Planting International. He holds degrees in biblical studies and Christian Education, theology and leadership from Wheaton College (B.A.), and Denver (M. Div) and Fuller Seminaries (D.Min).
- Foreword By Sergio De La Mora
- This Is The Bible
- <strong>part One: Primary Questions</strong>
- 1. Who Wrote The Bible?
- 2. How Is The Bible Different Than Other Books?
- 3. Who Decided What Went Into The Bible?
- 4. How Accurate Can The Bible Be?
- 5. Did God Really Write The Bible?
- <strong>part Two: Purpose Questions</strong>
- 6. Does The Bible Speak To People?
- 7. What's The Bible's Purpose?
- 8. Can The Bible Make Me A Better Person?
- 9. What's The Central Message Of The Bible?
- 10. What's The Bible's Story Line?
- <strong>part Three: Probing Questions</strong>
- 11. Why Are There So Many Translations?
- 12. Why Was God So Violent In The Old Testament?
- 13. Why Is There Only One Way To Heaven?
- 14. When Will Jesus Return?
- 15. Where Is The Trinity Found In Scripture?
- <strong>part Four: Practical Questions</strong>
- 16. How Do I Study The Bible?
- 17. How Do I Find The Meaning Of The Text?
- 18. How Do I Apply What I Learn?
- 19. Where Can I Get Help With The Bible?
- 20. How Can I Master This Book?
- Small Group Study Guide
- Appendix 1: The Bible Study Process
- Appendix 2: The Bible In One Verse