The Birth of Jesus
What is the significance of the birth of Jesus for people today? This text examines the continuing significance of the birth for the third millennium, considering issues such as Jesus' circumcision and His DNA to the power of nativity stories...
Unavailable. We are unsure when this item will be available to ship.0 Available.
You may also like
What is the significance of the birth of Jesus for people today? This text examines the continuing significance of the birth for the third millennium, considering issues such as Jesus' circumcision and His DNA to the power of nativity stories and their symbolic efficacy.
n this book some of the sharpest and most discerning New Testament scholars offer their frank assessment of the contemporary significance of the birth of Jesus. Philip Alexander; Gerald Dawning, Elaine Graham, Grace Jantzen, Todd Klutz, Barry Matlock, Arthur Peacocke, and Graham Ward consider issues ranging from Jesus' circumcision and his DNA, to the power of the nativity stories and their symbolic efficacy.
Dr. George Brooke has been at the University of Manchester since 1984, first as a lecturer in Intertestemental Literature, and since 1994, as Senior Lecturer. In 1997 he became Professor of Biblical Studies and in 1998 became the Rylands Professor of Biblical Criticism and Exegesis.ý
- Introduction, George Brooke. Part 1 Jesus - Fully Jewish And More:
- Yeshu/yeshua Ben Yosef Of Nazareth - Discerning The Jewish Face Of Jesus,
- Philip Alexander
- Qumran - The Cradle Of The Christ?, George Brooke
- Uncovering The Corona - A Theology Of Circumcision, Graham Ward. Part 2
- Jesus, Fully Human And More: The Birth Of Jesus And Why Paul Was In Favour
- Of It, Barry Matlock
- Dna Of Our Dna, Arthur Peacocke. Part 3 Jesus, More Than The Full Story:
- The Value Of Being Virginal - Mary And Anna In The Lukan Infancy Prologue,
- Todd Klutz
- "the Story" And "our Stories" -narrative Theology, Vernacular Religion
- And The Birth Of Jesus, Elaine Graham. Part 4 Jesus, Fully Symbolic And
- More: An Iconological Argument, Gerald Downing
- Nativity And Natality, Grace Jantzen.