The Book of Books (Brief Books (Matthias) Series)
At one level, the Bible is such an outstanding publishing success story that, just by the sheer scale of its translation and the quantities printed, it calls out to every person on the planet: "Read me!" Add to that...
In Stock16 available
You May Also Like
At one level, the Bible is such an outstanding publishing success story that, just by the sheer scale of its translation and the quantities printed, it calls out to every person on the planet: "Read me!"
Add to that the profound impact the Bible has had on our culture, and the personal testimony of the many who claim it has transformed their lives, and the case to open and read it surely becomes compelling.
But... the barriers to doing so can be off-putting.
It's a big book, written a long time ago, with words and ideas that may be unfamiliar to us. Where do I start? How do I go about it? Can I trust that what I am reading is the original, uncompromised Bible? How do all the different sections fit together and relate to each other?
Geoff Robson writes to help you read the Bible, answering these and other common questions and explaining how to go about it and get the most out of it.
- Written with a non-Christian reader in mind.
- Orients the reader to what the Bible is and the basic things they need to know to read it in a sensible way.
- Answers common questions.
- Short enough to not get in the way of actually reading the Bible.
- Giving to non-Christian family and friends (with a copy of the Bible!) to encourage them to give reading the Bible a try.
- Helping new Christians get started in the Bible.
Geoff Robson is a graduate of Moore College, an Australian editor and writer, and currently lives in Christchurch, New Zealand, where he works in university student ministry.