The Cambridge Companion to Dietrich Bonhoeffer
This Companion serves as a guide for readers wanting to explore the thought and legacy of the great German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-45). The book shows why Bonhoeffer remains such an attractive figure to so many people of diverse backgrounds....
Order now to secure your copy when our stock arrives.0 Available. Expected to ship in 7 to 8 weeks from Australia.
You may also like
This Companion serves as a guide for readers wanting to explore the thought and legacy of the great German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906-45). The book shows why Bonhoeffer remains such an attractive figure to so many people of diverse backgrounds. Its chapters, written by authors from differing national, theological and church contexts, provide a helpful introduction to, and commentary on, Bonhoeffer's life, work and writing and so guide the reader along the complex paths of his thought. Experts set out comprehensively Bonhoeffer's political, social and cultural contexts, and offer biographical information which is indispensable for the understanding of his theology. Major themes arising from the theology, and different interpretations to it, lead the reader into a dialogue with this most influential of thinkers who remains both fascinating and challenging. There is a chronology, a glossary and an index.
A guide to the great German theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer (1906?45).
- Notes On Contribtuors
- Part I. Bonhoeffer's Life And Legacy: 1. Bonhoeffer's Germany: The
- Political Context John A. Moses
- 2. The Life Of Dietrich Bonheffer F. Burton Nelson
- 3. The Formation Of Bonhoeffer's Theology Martin Rumscheidt
- 4. Bonhoeffer's Literary Legacy Wayne Floyd Whitson Jr
- 5. The Reception Of Bonhoeffer's Theology John W. De Gruchy
- Part Ii. Major Themes In Bonhoeffer's Theology: 6. Human Sociality And
- Christian Community Clifford Green
- 7. 'who Is Jesus Christ, For Us, Today?' Andreas Pangritz
- 8. Ecumenical Witness For Peace Keith Clements
- 9. Costly Discipleship Haddon Willmer
- 10. Church, State, And The 'jewish Question' Ruth Zerner
- 11. The Ethics Of Responsible Action Larry Rasmussen
- 12. Christianity In A World Come Of Age Peter Selby
- 13. Prayer And Action For Justice: Bonhoeffer's Spirituality Geffrey B.
- Select English Bibliography