The Case For a Creator Study Guide Revised Edition
"My road to atheism was paved by science… but, ironically, so was my later journey to God." Former atheist Lee Strobel has discovered that science, far from being the enemy of faith, now provides a solid foundation for belief...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
"My road to atheism was paved by science… but, ironically, so was my later journey to God."
Former atheist Lee Strobel has discovered that science, far from being the enemy of faith, now provides a solid foundation for belief in God. New scientific discoveries point to the incredible complexity of our universe, a complexity best explained by the existence of a Creator.
This revised six-session study invites participants to encounter this evidence delivered in a compelling conversational style. Join Strobel in reexamining the theories that once led him away from God. Pastors, small group leaders, and individuals seeking resources that answer tough questions about the existence of God will find compelling answers in the Case for a Creator study.
Science and God Doubts about Darwinism The Evidence of Cosmology The Fine-tuning of the Universe The Evidence of Biochemistry The DNA and the Origin of Life
Designed for use with the Case for a Creator Revised: A DVD Study 9780310699606 (sold separately).
Atheist-turned-Christian, Lee Strobel is the former award-winning legal affairs editor of The Chicago Tribune. He holds a Master of Studies in Law degree, as well as a journalism degree and was a professional journalist for 14 years, winning Illinois' top honours for investigative reporting and public service journalism from United Press International.
In 1981, after a two-year investigation of the evidence for Jesus, Lee received Christ as his Saviour, and subsequently became a teaching pastor at two of America's largest churches - Willow Creek Community Church, Chicago in 1987 and Saddleback Valley Community Church, California in 2000. In 2002 he left Saddleback's staff to focus on writing.
A New York Times best-selling author of nearly 20 books, he has been described by the Washington Post as "one of the evangelical community's most popular apologists." His journey from atheism to faith has been documented in the Gold Medallion-winning books The Case for Christ, Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary and The Case for Faith.
His other best-sellers include Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage, which he co-authored with his wife, Leslie; God's Outrageous Claims and What Jesus Would Say? Lee also shared the prestigious ECPA Jordon Christian Book of the Year award in 2005 for a curriculum he co-authored about the movie The Passion of the Christ.
Lee is also co-author of the Becoming a Contagious Christian training curriculum, which is used around the world. And his articles have been published in a variety of magazines, including Discipleship Journal, Marriage Partnership, The Christian Research Journal, Guideposts, and Decision. He is also a contributing editor and columnist for Outreach on-line magazine.
Lee and Leslie have been married for 33 years and live in Southern California. They have a daughter, Alison, and son Kyle who is married to Kellie, both Alison and Kyle are writers.
- <p>"my Road To Atheism Was Paved By Science… But, Ironically, So Was My Later Journey To God."</p> <p>former Atheist Lee Strobel Has Discovered That Science, Far From Being The Enemy Of Faith, Now Provides A Solid Foundation For Belief In God. New Scientific Discoveries Point To The Incredible Complexity Of Our Universe, A Complexity Best Explained By The Existence Of A Creator.</p> <p>this Revised Six-session Study Invites Participants To Encounter This Evidence Delivered In A Compelling Conversational Style. Join Strobel In Reexamining The Theories That Once Led Him Away From God. Pastors, Small Group Leaders, And Individuals Seeking Resources That Answer Tough Questions About The Existence Of God Will Find Compelling Answers In The <em>case For A Creator </em>study.<em><br></em></p> <p>sessions Include:</p> <ol> <li>science And God</li> <li>doubts About Darwinism</li> <li>the Evidence Of Cosmology</li> <li>the Fine-tuning Of The Universe</li> <li>the Evidence Of Biochemistry</li> <li>the Dna And The Origin Of Life</li> </ol> <p>designed For Use With The <em>case For A Creator Revised: A Dvd Study</em> 9780310699606 (sold Separately).</p>
- Chapter 1 White-coated Scientists Versus Black-robed Preachers 7
- Chapter 2 The Images Of Evolution 17
- Chapter 3 Doubts About Darwinism An Interview With Jonathan Wells 31
- Chapter 4 Where Science Meets Faith An Interview With Stephen C. Meyer 69
- Chapter 5 The Evidence Of Cosmology: Beginning With A Bang An Interview With William Lane Craig 93
- Chapter 6 The Evidence Of Physics: The Cosmos On A Razor's Edge An Interview With Robin Collins 125
- Chapter 7 The Evidence Of Astronomy: The Privileged Planet An Interview With Guillermo Gonzalez And Jay Wesley Richards 153
- Chapter 8 The Evidence Of Biochemistry: The Complexity Of Molecular Machines An Interview With Michael J. Behe 193
- Chapter 9 The Evidence Of Biological Information: The Challenge Of Dna And The Origin Of Life An Interview With Stephen C. Meyer 219
- Chapter 10 The Evidence Of Consciousness: The Enigma Of The Mind An Interview With J. P. Moreland 247
- Chapter 11 The Cumulative Case For A Creator 273
- Appendix: A Summary Of The Case For Christ 293
- Deliberations: Questions For Reflection Or Group
- Study 299
- Notes 307
- Acknowledgments 329
- Index 331
- About The Author 341