The God-Shaped Brain
What you believe about God actually changes your brain. Brain research in neuroscience has found that our thoughts and beliefs affect our physical, mental, and spiritual health. Mind and body are interrelated, and we are designed for healthy relationships of...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
What you believe about God actually changes your brain. Brain research in neuroscience has found that our thoughts and beliefs affect our physical, mental, and spiritual health. Mind and body are interrelated, and we are designed for healthy relationships of love and trust. When we understand God as good and loving, we flourish. Unfortunately, many of us have distorted images of God and mostly think of him in fearful, punitive ways. This leads us into unhealthy patterns of self-defeating behaviors and toxic relationships. But our lives can change when God renews our minds with a truer picture of him. Psychiatrist Tim Jennings unveils how our brains and bodies thrive when we have a healthy understanding of who God is. He dispels common misconceptions about God and shows how different God concepts affect the brain differently. Our brains can adapt, change, and rewire with redeemed thinking that frees us from unnecessary pain and suffering. Discover how neuroscience and Scripture come together to bring healing and transformation to our lives. This expanded edition now includes a study guide for individual reflection or group discussion, with questions for learning from Scripture, science and nature, and experience.
- <strong>what You Believe About God Actually Changes Your Brain.</strong> Brain Research In Neuroscience Has Found That Our Thoughts And Beliefs Affect Our Physical, Mental, And Spiritual Health. Mind And Body Are Interrelated, And We Are Designed For Healthy Relationships Of Love And Trust. When We Understand God As Good And Loving, We Flourish. Unfortunately, Many Of Us Have Distorted Images Of God And Mostly Think Of Him In Fearful, Punitive Ways. This Leads Us Into Unhealthy Patterns Of Self-defeating Behaviors And Toxic Relationships. But Our Lives Can Change When God Renews Our Minds With A Truer Picture Of Him. Psychiatrist Tim Jennings Unveils How Our Brains And Bodies Thrive When We Have A Healthy Understanding Of Who God Is. He Dispels Common Misconceptions About God And Shows How Different God Concepts Affect The Brain Differently. Our Brains Can Adapt, Change, And Rewire With Redeemed Thinking That Frees Us From Unnecessary Pain And Suffering. Discover How Neuroscience And Scripture Come Together To Bring Healing And Transformation To Our Lives. This Expanded Edition Now Includes A Study Guide For Individual Reflection Or Group Discussion, With Questions For Learning From Scripture, Science And Nature, And Experience.
- <strong>section I: God, The Brain, And What Went Wrong</strong>
- 1. God Is Love2. The Human Brain & Broken Love3. The Infection Of Fear4. Freedom To Love
- <strong>section Ii: The Battle Between The Conflicting Views About God</strong>
- 5. Love Strikes Back6. Engaging The Battle7. Love Stands Firm8. Changing Our View Of God9. The Power Of Truth10. The Truth About Sin11. Enlarging Our View Of God12. The Judgment Of God13. In The Brain Of Christ
- <strong>section Iii: Embracing The Goodness Of God</strong>
- 14. Forgiveness15. When Good Prevails16 When Love Burns Free. 17. Buddha, Jesus And Preparing Your Brain For Eternityaddendum: Putting It All Together: Simple Steps To A Healthier Brainnotesglossarythe God-shaped Brain Study Guide