Find God's vision for your job. Reclaim God's vision for your life. Many Christians fall victim to one of two main problems when it comes to work: either they are idle in their work, or they have made...
You May Also Like
Find God's vision for your job.
Reclaim God's vision for your life.
Many Christians fall victim to one of two main problems when it comes to work: either they are idle in their work, or they have made an idol of it. Both of these mindsets are deadly misunderstandings of how God intends for us to think about our employment.
In The Gospel at Work, Sebastian Traeger and Greg Gilbert unpack the powerful ways in which the gospel can transform how we do what we do, releasing us from the cultural pressures of both an all-consuming devotion and a punch-in, punch-out mentality?in order to find the freedom of a work ethic rooted in serving Christ.
You'll find answers to some of the tough questions that Christians in the workplace often ask:
What factors should matter most in choosing a job? What gospel principles should shape my thinking about how to treat my boss, my co-workers, and my employees? Is full-time Christian work more valuable than my job? Is it okay to be motivated by money? How do you prioritize?or balance?work, family and church responsibilities?
Solidly grounded in the gospel, The Gospel at Work confronts both our idleness at work and our idolatry of work with a challenge of its own?to remember that whom we work for is infinitely more important than what we do.
Sebastian Traeger has spent years starting and building various businesses. Recently, he co-founded and serves as the CEO of FiveStreet.com, a real estate tech start-up. Prior to this, he co-founded Razoo.com, a crowd funding site for non-profits; Christianity.com, a software and services company for Christian organizations; and Silas Partners, a web consulting firm. He also helped start Village Phone, a telecommunications company in El Salvador and worked as a management consultant at Dean and Company. He graduated in 1996 with a B.A. in Politics from Princeton University where he also played Varsity Baseball. Sebastian serves as an elder at Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, D.C and is on the Board of Guidestone Financial Resources of the SBC. He and his wife, Nikki, have three children, Alex, Wesley and Analeigh.
- <p Align="center"><strong>find God's Vision For Your Job.</strong></p> <p Align="center"><strong>reclaim God's Vision For Your Life.</strong></p> <p Class="normal1">many Christians Fall Victim To One Of Two Main Problems When It Comes To Work: Either They Are <em>idle</em> In Their Work, Or They Have Made An <em>idol</em> Of It. Both Of These Mindsets Are Deadly Misunderstandings Of How God Intends For Us To Think About Our Employment.</p> <p Class="normal1">in <em>the Gospel At Work,</em> Sebastian Traeger And Greg Gilbert Unpack The Powerful Ways In Which The Gospel Can Transform How We Do What We Do, Releasing Us From The Cultural Pressures Of Both An All-consuming Devotion And A Punch-in, Punch-out Mentality?in Order To Find The Freedom Of A Work Ethic Rooted In Serving Christ.</p> <p Class="normal1">you'll Find Answers To Some Of The Tough Questions That Christians In The Workplace Often Ask:</p> <ul> <li>what Factors Should Matter Most In Choosing A Job?</li> <li>what Gospel Principles Should Shape My Thinking About How To Treat My Boss, My Co-workers, And My Employees?</li> <li>is Full-time Christian Work More Valuable Than My Job?</li> <li>is It Okay To Be Motivated By Money?</li> <li>how Do You Prioritize?or Balance?work, Family And Church Responsibilities?</li> </ul> <p>solidly Grounded In The Gospel, <em>the Gospel At Work</em> Confronts Both Our Idleness At Work And Our Idolatry Of Work With A Challenge Of Its Own?to Remember That <em>whom</em> We Work For Is Infinitely More Important Than <em>what</em> We Do.</p>
- 2. A Closer Look At Workplace Idolatry
- 3. A Closer Look At Workplace Idleness
- 4. How The Gospel Meets The Challenge
- 5. How Should I Choose A Job?
- 6. How Do I Deal With Boring Jobs, Difficult Bosses, And Competitive Co-workers?
- 7. Is Full-time Christian Ministry More Valuable Than My Job?
- 8. How Can I Balance Work, Church, And Family?
- 9. What Does It Mean---really---to Be Successful At Work?
- 10. The 180-day Idol-idle Challenge: Confronting Idolatry And Idleness With The Gospel