The Heart of Love
"A marvel of succinctness, this presentation is one of the best I have seen for initial direction in the faith once delivered to the Fathers." -Dr. Paige Patterson Ted Rivera unpacks the mystery of God's will with...
You May Also Like
"A marvel of succinctness, this presentation is one of the best I have seen for initial direction in the faith once delivered to the Fathers."
-Dr. Paige Patterson
Ted Rivera unpacks the mystery of God's will with a simple yet profound look at what Jesus called the two greatest commandments: loving God and loving others.
Filled with examples drawn from everyday life, Rivera's book is practical and wise, a welcome primer for any student of the Bible wanting to deepen their understanding of how to follow Jesus rightly.
In the end, Rivera concludes, Jesus isn't looking merely for consistency in obedience but for obedience in love. Indeed, all our good deeds "are utterly worthless if they are disconnected from a heart that beats not only with love for our God, but also with love for our fellow human beings."
The Heart of Love urges readers toward a deepened faith and a greater imitation of the God who is love.
Ted Rivera (Ph.D., Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) is associate professor and department chair of the school of religion at Liberty University. He is the author of Jonathan Edwards on Worship: Public and Private Devotion to God(Pickwick, 2010) and is writing a forthcoming book on the first and second great commandments. A
- <p><strong>"a Marvel Of Succinctness, This Presentation Is One Of The Best I Have Seen For Initial Direction In The Faith Once Delivered To The Fathers."</strong></p> <p>-<em>dr. Paige Patterson</em></p> <p>ted Rivera Unpacks The Mystery Of God's Will With A Simple Yet Profound Look At What Jesus Called The Two Greatest Commandments: Loving God And Loving Others.</p> <p>filled With Examples Drawn From Everyday Life, Rivera's Book Is Practical And Wise, A Welcome Primer For Any Student Of The Bible Wanting To Deepen Their Understanding Of How To Follow Jesus Rightly.</p> <p>in The End, Rivera Concludes, Jesus Isn't Looking Merely For Consistency In Obedience But For Obedience In Love. Indeed, All Our Good Deeds "are Utterly Worthless If They Are Disconnected From A Heart That Beats Not Only With Love For Our God, But Also With Love For Our Fellow Human Beings."</p> <p><em>the Heart Of Love</em> Urges Readers Toward A Deepened Faith And A Greater Imitation Of The God Who Is Love.</p>
- Love For God
- * Worship
- * Communion And Baptism
- * Corporate And Private Bible Study
- * The Life Of Prayer
- * Giving Love For Others
- * The Life Of Service Leads To Opportunities For Evangelism And Missions
- * Loving The Neighbors Near Our Homes
- * Loving Our Neighbor Elsewhere
- * Areas Of Possible Christian Service