Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
1. Somebody Told Me About Jesus
- 1. Somebody Told Me About JesusAndraé Crouch0:59
- 2. Good TimeAndraé Crouch0:59
- 3. Where Jesus IsAndraé Crouch0:59
- 4. He Has A Plan For MeAndraé Crouch0:59
- 5. FaithAndraé Crouch0:59
- 6. When I Think About YouAndraé Crouch0:59
- 7. Jesus Came Into My LifeAndraé Crouch0:59
- 8. All Around The WorldAndraé Crouch0:59
- 9. I CanAndraé Crouch0:59
- 10. Heaven BoundAndraé Crouch0:59
- 11. There's Nobody Like JesusAndraé Crouch0:59
- 12. Let The Church Say AmenAndraé Crouch0:59
- 13. God Is On Our SideAndraé Crouch0:59
- 14. The PromiseAndraé Crouch0:59
Andraé Edward Crouch is an award-winning gospel musician, recording artist, songwriter, arranger, and producer. Born July 1, 1942 in Los Angeles, California, he was a key figure in the Christian Music movement of the 1960s and 1970s. His religious songs have been performed by Elvis Presley, Paul Simon, and church choirs and other musical groups around the world. He has won eight GRAMMY awards, six GMA Dove awards and received an Oscar nomination. Crouch was inducted into the Gospel Music Association's Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 1998.
His recordings range from reverent hymns, to the traditional gospel music pioneered by Thomas A. Dorsey, to contemporary light rock and pop-oriented songs backed by jazz musicians, to African/world-music influences.
Called the "the father of the modern gospel," because he more than anyone expanded gospel music to include elements of R&B and modern popular styles during the 70s and 80s, Crouch received his early musical formation in his parents' church in southern California.
His first musical group was the COGICS (Church of God in Christ Singers), which he formed when he was in high school and which featured vocalist Billy Preston. Preston later played organ for the Beatles, Eric Clapton, and many other mainstream and gospel artists before launching a successful solo career.
Hi albums include Just Andre, Don't Give Up,The Journey, and more.