The Jsbs Beatitudes (John Stott Bible Studies Series)
Study Scripture with John Stott! ^^The beatitudes reveal to us eight qualities that bring God's blessing: meekness and mercy, poorness in spirit and purity of heart, mourning and hunger, peacemaking and persecution. Jesus highlighted these to offer both encouragement...
Available Now.7 Available
You may also like
Study Scripture with John Stott!
^^The beatitudes reveal to us eight qualities that bring God's blessing: meekness and mercy, poorness in spirit and purity of heart, mourning and hunger, peacemaking and persecution. Jesus highlighted these to offer both encouragement and instruction on living distinctly as his followers in a world with values much different from God's. As we study these qualities and integrate them into our lives, we will receive the blessing Jesus promised to his followers then and now.
^^John Stott is one of the world's leading and most loved Bible teachers and preachers. In this guide you can explore Scripture under his guidance, enhancing your own in-depth study with insights gained from his years of immersion in God's Word.
The late Rev Dr. John Stott is known worldwide as a Bible teacher, writer, pastor and mission-leader. During a ministry that extended to seven decades, he authored many books including the best-selling Basic Christianity, Why I Am a Christian and The Cross of Christ ; he was also the editor, (and author of several volumes) of the Bible Speaks Today. In more recent years he was Rector Emeritus of All Souls Church, Langham Place, London; President of the London Institute for Contemporary Christianity; and Founder-President of the Langham Partnership International. He was awarded the CBE in the Queens 2006 New Year Honours. Stott was honored by Time magazine in 2005 as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the World."
Koorong - Editorial Review.
- Introducing The Beatitudes
- 1. Putting Our Trust In God - <em>matthew 5:3; Revelation 3:17-22</em>
- 2. Repenting Of Our Sins - <em>matthew 5:4; Romans 7:21-25</em>
- 3. Learning Gentleness - <em>matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:1-11</em>
- 4. Becoming Righteous - <em>matthew 5:6; Romans 9:30-10:4</em>
- 5. Showing Mercy - <em>matthew 5:7; Matthew 18:21-35</em>
- 6. Growing More Holy - <em>matthew 5:8; Psalm 24:1-6</em>
- 7. Making Peace - <em>matthew 5:9; Ephesians 2:11-22</em>
- 8. Rejoicing Through Persecution - <em>matthew 5:10-12; Acts 5:17-42</em>
- Guidelines For Leaders