What does exercise have to do with our souls?How do our sleeping habits relate to being conformed to the likeness of Christ?What do our bodies have to do with spiritual formation?Valerie Hess has taken up these questions with her spiritual...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
What does exercise have to do with our souls?How do our sleeping habits relate to being conformed to the likeness of Christ?What do our bodies have to do with spiritual formation?Valerie Hess has taken up these questions with her spiritual formation graduate students. And Lane Arnold has processed them with others as a spiritual director. They have discovered that the life of our bodies has quite a bit to do with the life of our souls.Together they have written a book that helps readers explore
choices about what we eat
worshiping with our bodies
seasons of life for body and soul
caring for the planet
Each chapter has reflection questions and creative exercises to help you engage body and soul with these themes. This is not just a book to read. It's an invitation to a new way of experiencing God.
Valerie Hess is a pastor's wife, mother, teacher, retreat speaker and musician. She received her master's in church music from Valparaiso University in Valparaiso, Indiana. She is currently the coordinator of music ministries for Trinity Lutheran Church in Boulder, Colorado. Valerie is an instructor in the Master in Spiritual Formation program at Spring Arbor University. She is part of the Renovar? Partners in Renewal group and led a workshop at the 2005 Renovar? International Conference. She is the coauthor ofHabits of a Child's Heart (NavPress, 2004). C
- What Does Exercise Have To Do With Our Souls?how Do Our Sleeping Habits Relate To Being Conformed To The Likeness Of Christ?what Do Our Bodies Have To Do With Spiritual Formation?valerie Hess Has Taken Up These Questions With Her Spiritual Formation Graduate Students. And Lane Arnold Has Processed Them With Others As A Spiritual Director. They Have Discovered That The Life Of Our Bodies Has Quite A Bit To Do With The Life Of Our Souls.together They Have Written A Book That Helps Readers Explore <ul> <li>choices About What We Eat</li> <li>worshiping With Our Bodies</li> <li>seasons Of Life For Body And Soul</li> <li>caring For The Planet</li> <li>and More</li> </ul> Each Chapter Has Reflection Questions And Creative Exercises To Help You Engage Body And Soul With These Themes. This Is Not Just A Book To Read. It's An Invitation To A New Way Of Experiencing God.
- 1. Jesus Has A Body
- 2. Bodies Within The Body
- 3. Our Body In Worship
- 4. Toward A Balanced Lifestyle
- 5. Theology Of Food
- 6. Questioning Cultural Messages
- 7. Extremes Examined
- 8. The Body Gone Awry
- 9. Seasoned Well
- 10. The Next Generation
- 11. Caring For The Planet
- Conclusion: Going On From Here
- Appendix A: Holy Habits For The Whole Body
- Appendix B: The Bible And The Body
- Appendix C: Resources
- Appendix D: Small Group Guide