The Messiah (Lifeguide Bible Study Series)
:Prophets prophesied about him. Angels and shepherds rejoiced at his birth. Friends cried for joy at his resurrection. And we still celebrate him today. He is Jesus, the Messiah. Perfect for Advent or Lent, this study guide explores some of...
In Stock9 available
You May Also Like
:Prophets prophesied about him. Angels and shepherds rejoiced at his birth. Friends cried for joy at his resurrection. And we still celebrate him today. He is Jesus, the Messiah. Perfect for Advent or Lent, this study guide explores some of the key passages in the Old Testament about the Messiah and their completion in the life and saving work of Jesus. These passages have had a profound effect on the imagination and worship of Christians for two thousand years, leading George Frederic Handel to write one of the greatest expressions of worship and adoration-his oratorio, the Messiah. We hear parts of it sung every year during the Christmas season, but what many listeners fail to realize is that the entire text of Handel's Messiah is drawn from Scripture-and many of the Old Testament passages that shaped Israel's hope for their Redeemer are included in that text. This guide leads you through Scripture passages used in Handel's work that highlight who Jesus is and what he came to do. It might change the way you listen to the Messiah. Even more, it might change the way you live.
Douglas Connelly is the senior pastor of Parkside Community Church in Sterling Heights, Michigan. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Flint and of Grace Theological Seminary (Master of Divinity, Master of Theology). He has also been an adjunct instructor at Spring Arbor College. He is the author of numerous Bible Study booklets and books including The Book of Revelation for Blockheads; Amazing Discoveries That Unlock the Bible; The Bible for Blockheads Revised Edition and Bible Prophecy for Blockheads.
- :getting The Most Out Of The Messiah
- 1. His Name Is Wonderful
- <em>messiah’s Character</em> Isaiah 9:6-7
- 2. The Virgin Will Be With Child
- <em>messiah’s Birth</em> Isaiah 7:1-16; Matthew 1:18-25
- 3. The Lame Will Walk
- <em>messiah’s Miracles</em> Isaiah 35:3-6; Matthew 11:1-6
- 4. Why Have You Forsaken Me?
- <em>messiah’s Death</em> Psalm 22:1-21
- 5. Pierced For Our Transgressions
- <em>messiah’s Sacrifice</em> Isaiah 53:1-10
- 6. The Path Of Life
- <em>messiah’s Resurrection</em> Psalm 16:7-11; Acts 2:22-32
- 7. Lift Up Your Heads
- <em>messiah’s Exaltation</em> Psalm 24
- 8. The Clouds Of Heaven
- <em>messiah’s Return</em> Daniel 7:9-14; Revelation 19:1-16
- Leader’s Notes