The Recovery-Minded Church
You want to have vibrant and healthy relationships with those who struggle with addiction in your church and community. But you find yourself wondering how to meet their needs in a wise, helpful and God-honoring way.The Recovery-Minded Church addresses...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
You want to have vibrant and healthy relationships with those who struggle with addiction in your church and community. But you find yourself wondering how to meet their needs in a wise, helpful and God-honoring way.The Recovery-Minded Church addresses the pressing questions you are facing in ministering to those with addictions. Here you will discover a clinically informed, biblical and theological framework to love the addicts in your midst and also practical tools to help you succeed in doing so, including discussion questions after each chapter for use in small group settings.God desires to welcome his prodigal children with open arms and a spirit of celebration. We need to reflect this same kind of grace and mercy in our ministry to those with addictions, to move our churches from being recovery-resistant to recovery-minded.
Live A Legacy: Spiritual Principles for Strategic Livin
- You Want To Have Vibrant And Healthy Relationships With Those Who Struggle With Addiction In Your Church And Community. But You Find Yourself Wondering How To Meet Their Needs In A Wise, Helpful And God-honoring Way.<em>the Recovery-minded Church</em> Addresses The Pressing Questions You Are Facing In Ministering To Those With Addictions. Here You Will Discover A Clinically Informed, Biblical And Theological Framework To Love The Addicts In Your Midst And Also Practical Tools To Help You Succeed In Doing So, Including Discussion Questions After Each Chapter For Use In Small Group Settings.god Desires To Welcome His Prodigal Children With Open Arms And A Spirit Of Celebration. We Need To Reflect This Same Kind Of Grace And Mercy In Our Ministry To Those With Addictions, To Move Our Churches From Being Recovery-resistant To Recovery-minded.
- <strong>section 1: Tools For Loving People With Addictions</strong>
- 1. Responding To Addiction2. The Intervention3. Myths About Addiction
- <strong>section 2: Tools For Creating A Recovery-friendly Church</strong>
- 4. Cultivating A Culture Of Long-term Sobriety5. Ending The Shame6. The Practice Of Attentive Listening7. The Practice Of Healing
- Conclusionacknowledgmentsan Appendix Of Resources For Ministrybibliographynotes