The Spiritually Vibrant Home
We all long for homes where we can thrive and flourish. What does it take to have a spiritually vibrant household? Don Everts invites us to contemplate what the Bible says about households and consider what a new research project...
You May Also Like
We all long for homes where we can thrive and flourish. What does it take to have a spiritually vibrant household? Don Everts invites us to contemplate what the Bible says about households and consider what a new research project has revealed by pulling back the curtains on everyday households of faith. Original research from the Barna Group and Lutheran Hour Ministries shows that some of the healthiest, most vibrant homes extend beyond the nuclear family and include people that may not be biologically related but feel like family. These households have vital practices of spirituality, hospitality, and community that make them delightful places for living and thriving. In the end you might just be surprised by how God wants to work in and through your household. And you'll have practical steps for nurturing a vibrant household of faith, no matter what stage of life you are in.
Don Everts has worked on college campuses for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship/USA since 1994. Currently an area director with InterVarsity, he is based in Boulder, Colorado, and is a popular conference speaker.
His books include Jesus with Dirty Feet, The Smell of Sin, God in the Flesh, Getting Your Feet Dirty and most recently the four part One Guy's Head Series which includes All the Ideas Living in My Head: One Guy's Musings About Truth; The Dirty Beggar Living in My Head: One Guy's Musings About Evil and Hell; The Fingerless Lady Living in My Head: One Guy's Musings About Tolerance and The Old Man Living in My Head: One Guy's Musings About the Bible.
Most recently he has written with Don Shaupp Pathways to Jesus.
- We All Long For Homes Where We Can Thrive And Flourish. What Does It Take To Have A Spiritually Vibrant Household? Don Everts Invites Us To Contemplate What The Bible Says About Households And Consider What A New Research Project Has Revealed By Pulling Back The Curtains On Everyday Households Of Faith. Original Research From The Barna Group And Lutheran Hour Ministries Shows That Some Of The Healthiest, Most Vibrant Homes Extend Beyond The Nuclear Family And Include People That May Not Be Biologically Related But Feel Like Family. These Households Have Vital Practices Of Spirituality, Hospitality, And Community That Make Them Delightful Places For Living And Thriving. In The End You Might Just Be Surprised By How God Wants To Work In And Through Your Household. And You'll Have Practical Steps For Nurturing A Vibrant Household Of Faith, No Matter What Stage Of Life You Are In.
- 1. Home Life: Recognizing The Spiritual Significance Of The Mundane
- 2. Households: Unpacking How The Bible Sees Our Homes
- 3. Vibrancy: Pulling Back The Curtain On Spiritually Vibrant Homes
- 4. Messy Prayers: Helping Your Household Relate With God
- 5. Loud Tables: Helping Your Household Have Spiritual Conversations
- 6. Open Doors: Helping Your Household Extend Hospitality
- Conclusion: When Did I Become So Hopeful About Home?
- Appendix 1: Research Partners
- Appendix 2: Research Methodology
- Appendix 3: Definitions