The Witness of Jesus, Paul and John
In this practical textbook Larry Helyer introduces you to the goals and practice of biblical theology and the problem of the unity of the Bible. He then explains two evangelical approaches to biblical theology--dispensational and covenant theology. In the heart...
You May Also Like
In this practical textbook Larry Helyer introduces you to the goals and practice of biblical theology and the problem of the unity of the Bible. He then explains two evangelical approaches to biblical theology--dispensational and covenant theology. In the heart of the book Helyer turns to three major witnesses of the New Testament: Jesus, Paul and John. In these three witnesses he finds the climax of the biblical message and the key to unlocking the message of the Bible. Here is a book that introduces students to the big questions in evangelical biblical theology and then takes them into the heart of the New Testament. Students will gain an appreciation for biblical and New Testament theology, and how the New Testament unlocks the central message of Scripture. This clearly written survey will equip students for a lifetime of studying Scripture.
Larry R. Helyer (Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary) was professor of biblical studies at Taylor University. He is the author of Exploring Literature of the Second Temple Period and The Witness of Jesus, Paul and John:An Exploration in Biblical Theology.
- In This Practical Textbook Larry Helyer Introduces You To The Goals And Practice Of Biblical Theology And The Problem Of The Unity Of The Bible. He Then Explains Two Evangelical Approaches To Biblical Theology--dispensational And Covenant Theology. In The Heart Of The Book Helyer Turns To Three Major Witnesses Of The New Testament: Jesus, Paul And John. In These Three Witnesses He Finds The Climax Of The Biblical Message And The Key To Unlocking The Message Of The Bible. Here Is A Book That Introduces Students To The Big Questions In Evangelical Biblical Theology And Then Takes Them Into The Heart Of The New Testament. Students Will Gain An Appreciation For Biblical And New Testament Theology, And How The New Testament Unlocks The Central Message Of Scripture. This Clearly Written Survey Will Equip Students For A Lifetime Of Studying Scripture.
- <strong>part I: The Discipline Of Biblical Theology</strong>
- 1. What Is Biblical Theology?
- 2. The Problem Of The Unity Of The Bible
- 3. Two Evangelical Systems Of Biblical Theology
- <strong>part Ii: The Theology Of Jesus</strong>
- 4. Jesus And The Kingdom
- 5. The Ethics Of Jesus
- <strong>part Iii: The Theology Of Paul</strong>
- 6. Putting Paul In His Place
- 7. Paul's Gospel
- 8. Pauline Christology And Eschatology
- <strong>part Iv: The Theology Of John</strong>
- 9. The Johannine Portrayal Of The Person And Work Of Christ
- 10. Johannine Eschatology And Ecclesiology
- <strong>part V: Three Witnesses, One Message</strong>
- 11. Jesus, Paul, And John: Putting It All Together
- Author Index
- Subject Index
- Scripture Index