Think Differently: Nothing is Different Until You Think Differently (Bible Study Book)
: Think Differently Bible Study Book includes 10 small-group sessions, 10 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group. Why do we lose our temper? Why do we...
Out of PrintUnavailable
You May Also Like
Think Differently Bible Study Book includes 10 small-group sessions, 10 weeks of personal Bible study, applicable Scripture, "How to Use This Study," and tips for leading a group.
Why do we lose our temper? Why do we tend to hurt those we care for most? How do families find themselves broken? The reason is often the way we think. Beyond behaviors and deeper than attitudes, thinking determines outcome more than anything else. The Book of Romans challenges us to be no longer conformed to the patterns of the world but rather to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. So much of what we are missing in life is associated with the way we process events in the world around us, draw conclusions about our circumstances, and act out of conclusions uninformed by the truth of Jesus and the gospel. In a world constantly bombarded by the fictions of a self-absorbed culture, managing our thinking becomes an even trickier proposition.
If you repeatedly find yourself in places where you don't want to go, it's your thinking that's leading you there. This 10-session Bible study by James MacDonald identifies strongholds, examines how they came to be, and offers believers a biblical path toward repentance and the renewing of their minds. God offers our only hope for victory over disposition, dysfunction, double-mindedness, and every other mental stronghold. With Him we can think differently.
2. Destroying the Strongholds of Your Disposition
3. Destroying the Strongholds of Your Family Dysfunction, Part 1
4. Destroying the Strongholds of Your Family Dysfunction, Part 2
5. Ending Double-Mindedness
6. Destroying Manufactured Strongholds
7. When Strongholds Crumble
9. When You Fail to Think Differently
10. Renewing Your Mind
• Biblically rooted and gospel-centered
• Individual study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
• Identify and address the strongholds in your life.
• Overcome the strongholds that result from family values and systems.
• Learn how to avoid double-mindedness and indecisiveness.
• Learn how to replace strongholds and long-held conclusions with biblical truth.
• Discover biblical paths to repentance.
• Overcome the disorientation encountered along life's journey to find hope in God's sovereignty.
• Adopt strategies for thinking differently from a renewed, Christ-centered perspective.
James MacDonald is founding and senior pastor of Harvest Bible Chapel in Northwest Chicago, Illinois. He holds degrees from London Baptist Bible College (B.A.), Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (M.A.), and Phoenix Seminary (Doctor of Ministry). He has written many books inlcuding Lord, Change My Attitude...Before It's Too Late and Gripped by the Greatness of God. Pastor MacDonald's teaching can be heard on radio all across North America. He and his wife, Kathy, have three children and reside in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.