They started out living the dream. They promised themselves and each other that every day would be an amazing day. They even stuck that phrase--"Amazing Days"--on their refrigerator, like Martin Luther pounding his conviction into a door and launching the...
Available for immediate download.
You may also like
They started out living the dream. They promised themselves and each other that every day would be an amazing day. They even stuck that phrase--"Amazing Days"--on their refrigerator, like Martin Luther pounding his conviction into a door and launching the next great era of the church. "Ready or not," they told the world, "here we come." They traveled the planet, doing missions and community development work in Latin America, China, Africa. Then they went back home--to the land of shopping malls and manicured lawns. And they wondered what had become of their amazing days. In This Ordinary Adventure Adam and Christine Jeske mine their experience, from riding motorcycles in Africa to dicing celery in Wisconsin, in search of a God who is always present and who is charging every moment with potential. Read along and you'll see your life--your ruts and routines, your frustrations and exhilarations--through different eyes, maybe for the first time. You'll discover the amazing things God is doing in the shadows of even the most ordinary day.
CHRISTINE JESKEhas spent seven years working in microfinance, refugee resettlement and development, and teaching and speaking about holistic missions with her husband Adam. Their journeys have taken them from Wisconsin to a remote Nicaraguan village and a polluted Chinese city. They now reside and teach at the Evangelical Seminary of Southern Africa in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa. Christine has an MBA in International Economic Development and has also taught for Eastern Universityrsquo;s School of Leadership and Development. Her work has appeared inRelevant Magazine, Neue Quarterly, MomSense, Ruminate, Overland Journal, and several other publications in both the United States and South Africa. Christine and Adam have two children.
Adam Jeske has worked in microfinance in South Africa, taught English in China, served in a remote Nicaraguan village, helped refugees start new lives in the United States and completed an M.B.A. in international economic development. Now back in the U.S., Adam works as associate director of communications for InterVarsity Christian Fellowship.
- They Started Out Living The Dream. They Promised Themselves And Each Other That Every Day Would Be An Amazing Day. They Even Stuck That Phrase--"amazing Days"--on Their Refrigerator, Like Martin Luther Pounding His Conviction Into A Door And Launching The Next Great Era Of The Church. "ready Or Not," They Told The World, "here We Come." They Traveled The Planet, Doing Missions And Community Development Work In Latin America, China, Africa. Then They Went Back Home--to The Land Of Shopping Malls And Manicured Lawns. And They Wondered What Had Become Of Their Amazing Days. In <em>this Ordinary Adventure</em> Adam And Christine Jeske Mine Their Experience, From Riding Motorcycles In Africa To Dicing Celery In Wisconsin, In Search Of A God Who Is Always Present And Who Is Charging Every Moment With Potential. Read Along And You'll See Your Life--your Ruts And Routines, Your Frustrations And Exhilarations--through Different Eyes, Maybe For The First Time. You'll Discover The Amazing Things God Is Doing In The Shadows Of Even The Most Ordinary Day.
- 2. The Last Hurrah
- 3. Faith Is A Muscle
- 4. Thorns And Thistles
- 5. Cool Enough
- 6. All I Got For Christmas Was Malaria
- 7. Money Matters
- 8. The Honeymoon Never Ends
- 9. Baby Slaves
- 10. Revolutionary Community
- 11. Dragonflies And Oak Trees
- 12. The Dramatic Conclusion
- Appendix: Reader's Guide/ Discussion Questions
- End Notes